A starry night (MHO)

Start from the beginning

I tried to connect the patterns to things i knew. Like a picture my mum had on her wall or a cake design Yuuto made in the cafe club. It was a bit of a hobby at this point.

-Shino's POV-

I yawned, waking up out of thirst throughout the night. I tried to just go back to sleep but my throat was dry and burned. I eventually sat up, leaving the warmth of my bed.

Before i walked upstairs i put a jumper on, the mornings were warm but tonight had a cold shudder to it.

I make sure to quietly close my door to avoid waking RikKu up, she was a light sleeper so i'd feel bad if she woke up because of my walking around. So i held onto the wall to often my footsteps up the stairs and finally made it to the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of water a practically drank the entire thing straight away. I planned on going straight back to bed as soon as possible so i just quickly finished my drink and put the glass back after i cleaned it.

I was just about to head back to my room when i noticed a silhouette on our balcony. I recognised the yellow fuzzy pants as my own, I didn't like the fuzz on them however so i gave them to Artemis. See, he spent all his money on such fancy clothes he always forgot to buy pyjamas. He had only one pair, whenever they were in the wash he just slept in clothes he didn't wear as often or if it's hot enough just a jumper and boxers.

I recognised the figure as my boyfriend actually. He was gazing into the telescope seemingly completely preoccupied. He wore the pants i gave him with fluffy socks and a slightly cropped t-shirt, it fell slightly under his ribs but revealed a little bit of his waist. It was a t-shirt he owned but he didn't like how it fit on him so he never wore it out, it was just a normal plain black crop except it wasn't tight instead baggy and loose.

With his lower waist revealed, you could see just the line of his boxers as the pants fell slightly on him. I was a larger size in waist to him so they were slightly baggy and he had to tie the drawstring on them so they stayed at his hips. It wasn't that i was fat, which wouldn't be a bad thing even if i was, just Arti was underweight.

I smiled, deciding then to stay up just a little longer to see what he was doing. I walked over and clicked the door open and stud in the door way "Arti?" I asked him, my voice slightly raspy from just being asleep. I jumped, yelping slightly and he quickly turned around to face me. He sighed when he saw me and greeted me with a smile. I burst out in laughter

"I?- are you laughing at me??" He asked, relaxing his body against the railing of the balcony "i'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" i continued to laugh, trying to catch my breath. He picked up my laughter and started laughing himself as i clicked the door closed behind me and walked over.

He turned to face away from the dorm and back towards the city and the sky, resting his crossed arms on the railing. I joined him standing there, the cold air was freezing against my skin. Luckily i put that jumper on.

"What are you doing awake?" He asked me, we locked eyes with made his cheeks turn slightly more rosy. His usual deep eyebags had faded slightly, still prominent just not as dark, he always says he's cursed with eyebags forever. "Hm, just getting a drink" i replied with a shrug, he smiled and broke eye contact with me, looking back into the sky

"Did you get your drink mr?" He asked me with a chuckle which i returned "yeah, just finished it before i came out here. What are you doin up?" I asked him now, he sighed "couldn't sleep"
We stayed silent, he just gazed into the sky. However he seemed happy with my company by his rosy cheeks and faint smile.

"How are you not freezing?.." i broke the silence. He was in a cropped t-shirt, with his lower stomach and arms on show. "I don't know... i'm just used to the cold i guess? Orphanage rarely had heating so.." he shrugged, I placed my hand on his forearm in a comforting way but lifted it ofd quickly "oh my god Arti you're skin is icy!!" I practically gasped.