Chapter 13: Kiss and consequences

Start from the beginning

My body feels weightless for a second, but then I turn back to reality. I feel my legs shaking as I rush through the hallway.

I can hear his steps following me from behind. I have to ignore him, I have to ignore him.

'Woah, woah, stop for a second.'

I have to ignore him.

'What enraged you so much?'

Ugh, I am so stupid. I can't keep silent.

'We're cousins', I shout out loud while storming through the empty hallway.

'Oh, stop saying that, Nessa', he mocks me from behind.

With clenched fists and ready for a fight, I turn around but he is way faster than I will ever be. My hands end up in his tight grip. He chuckles and stares right into my soul. His ocean eyes meet mine, and for a moment I wonder if he drowns in the blueness of my orbs as well as I do when I happen to look into his.

'It was just a forehead kiss', he notes.

I know he's right. It was just a forehead kiss. But, oh, Merlin, it felt like something more.

'I know what it was, Draco', I hiss and pull my hands away from his grip.

'So...', he begins. 'What's your concern?'

I hate whatever's going on right now. It feels as if I'm being interrogated and there's no way out. Draco's messing up with my mind and feelings and making me look like a complete fool. Just the power he holds over me..

'I..', I stutter.

'Just let me go, okay?'

As I look into his eyes I wonder if it's possible to ever get used to this blue-grey depth. His eyes are so familiar but every single time I look into them there's something new I discover about them.

'What?', I ask as I see him raising a brow.

'Nothing', he mutters and looks at my lips, then back at my eyes.

'I think I am done with my research.'

'Wow, I am so happy for you!', I mock him, clapping my hands in front of his face.

'Let's go now', I command.

I almost run towards the Defense Against The Dark Arts Classroom. It's been at least 10 minutes, we are most likely late. Is it even necessary to mention how much I hate being late? Especially in Snape's class. Actually, it has never happened to me before.

As we reach the classroom I hesitate to step forward and open the door. Thank Merlin I don't have to explain myself, Draco takes the lead and opens the door. I am walking right behind him. I really want to stick my gaze into the floor, but I am a bloody Slytherin, I won't do that. My head is raised high, and my eyes are looking forward, at Professor Snape's proud figure on the opposite side of the room.

He observes us both from head to toe as we enter the room. The whole class is staring at us. I am standing right behind Draco's back, his body is almost like a shield, protecting me from the shame and students' gazes.

'Mr. Malfoy, Ms. Black, take your seats. Now.'

I've never seen Snape in such a furious mode, but it's kind of understandable. The Gryffindors on the left are all giggling. Draco sits on the last Slytherin row which is all empty and I follow him right after.

'Next time I'll be taking 20 points of Slytherin for each of you', Snape suddenly announces and the other Slytherins turn back, throwing evil glances at us.

'You are not exempt from detention, though.'

***

Draco Malfoy