She said.

She said,
take every piece of my heart and place it as tile on the path to your fresh start.

Use my tears like oil to turn the gears that's rusted from broken connections of those you once trusted.

Hear my confessions and low feelings of depression, allowing for you to come to strong feelings of conviction and realize your many blessings.

Make me less than so you can grow.

Label me as a friend so they won't know.

Push away my hand in public, and know it's fine when you say you don't want to discuss this because I already understand.

Wrapped around your finger, caught up in the heat of your heart and through the darkness I can still see our love as a form of art.

Don't hug me too long so my sweet scent won't linger.

That phone stays on vibrate,
what happened to the ringer?

Nothing to alarm her.

Oh and please know that theirs not a problem with us never going out to dinner.

Never going to see a movie unless the hour is past what's seen as a respectful manner.

Use my body.

I don't know, somewhere this is a method of healing and you having access to me this way may not be fulfilling but I am helping.. right?

Cut out the lights because you can't stand to see the face that you're kissing.

That's ok.

I know this isn't anything serious.

And,
I know if I was to trip out that you'd just make it seem as if I'm delirious.

You do all these things, downplaying my abilities and what's within me as if I'm just a piece of nothing.

The girl you mistreat is the one you will forever need.

And,
When she leaves, your heart will bleed and feel a pain like no other because there is no one else, like her.

- Donna