They talked about Jesus too

Is it the shoes I wear or the way I comb my hair? Why can't they make this game a little fair?

Why is it that I have no problem giving my share and yet they can't bear to stop and think before they tear at my mangled dignity.

Why are they so interested in me? I can't even be me no matter if that is ordinary...

It's hard to stand tall in a room full of people who want you to fall.. do I stick it out and rain triumphant or refrain and cave to their judgement?

But who are they to judge me? In my life they don't determine anything. The strength you instilled within me is the only thing that keeps me from breaking.

The unconditional love you give me makes it all the more easier for me to keep smiling and when I master the idea of this battle being between me and only me, then I can finally see clearly and my days will no longer be dreary.

My brain will be freed from the foggy rings of deceit planted by the enemy, allowing my body to release all tainted energy.

And that day in the near future when I come face to face with the ones who wanted my place, I'll step aside and give them space to join me, offering the coin of my heart as a token to continue on a honest and forgiving journey.

- Donna