Part 8: Secret love out

You make it back home and Kaden drags you to the throne room. On the way back home, Kaden informed your mother and she wasn't happy by the news. You see your mother waiting on the throne with an upset expression. She told the knights to leave you two alone and they did as they were told. As he exited the room, Mathew looked at you with a disappointed yet sorry expression. You look at your mother as the door shut behind you.

"Mind explaining to me what happened," Queen Becca asked.

"Well, I did the talent show and killed it-"

"Why were you with the enemy," Queen Becca asked sternly.

You flinched a bit at the sudden change in your mother's tone.

"I um.."

"The truth!"

You sigh. "He was my friend Mother."

"Friend," Queen Becca asked, confused.

"I met him years ago and we've been talking since then," you admitted softly as you avoided her gaze.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing,"Queen Becca sighed. She stood up from her throne and walked up to you. "Y/n, I understand you don't like this life but I would have never imagined you would have gone as far as speak to our enemy."

"But he isn't-"

"And now he has you brainwashed."

"Mother he isn't bad," you stated. "HE's so kind and lovely. And our people aren't actually so different. So maybe-"

"Y/n!"

You stopped talking as your mother was getting tired of this.

"Stop talking this rubbish," Queen Becca said. "You are the next queen of our people. Start thinking of them."

"I am mother," you said. "The Planet of War could be a valuable alley is we just-"

"Y/n enough with this fairy tale nonsense," Queen Becca said.

"It's not a fairy tale it can be reality if you would just lis-"

"Enough! I don't want to hear another word of this and you won't speak to that boy again," Queen Becca declared.

"Why won't you just listen to me," you said. "You say I should start thinking of our people yet you don't let me speak. You tell me to live my life yet you don't let me make my own choices. How is that fair!"

"Y/n-"

"And now you want me marry a boy who makes me feel like shit and stop talking to a boy that makes me happy and actually feel lo-"

Slap

Your flower crown fell to the ground as the sound of a slap echoed through the throne room. You freeze as the sting of a slap was on your cheek. Your mother looked at you with a very upset look.

"Y/n you are a princess," Queen Becca said. "So I expect you to act like one! And remember that I am not only your mother but I am the queen so you listen to me! And I don't want to hear another word of this nonsense."

You felt your eyes begin to water as you ran out the room. Queen Becca called out for you but you just ran. Queen Becca looked at her hand and saw it was red. It stung a bit and what she did finally processed in her brain. She couldn't believe she just slapped you but she just stood in the room instead of going after you.

Meanwhile at Castle Blitz, Johnny was having a similar talk with his dad. But it was more yelling.

"I can't believe you would do this," King Marcus yelled. "My own son fraternizing with the enemy?! How could you do this!"