Part 2: Birthday disaster

It's been twelve years since that fateful day. Ten years of you and Johnny meeting in secret. Due to the fact that you haven't been given your ship yet, Johnny was the one who snuck to your planet to see you.

It was difficult for you guys to see each other but after you guys were given your communicators which are basically cell phones, you guys were able to talk on the phone. This made it easier and since the communicators had a holo-talk which is basically face time, it made it easier for you guys to see each other without having to sneak around. However even with communicators, you guys still had to do it in secret since you guys couldn't risk finding out about this relationship. It could be dangerous if this was made public.

Even though you hated this, you understood why. After the first time you met Johnny, you were curious about this feud. You research and ask your mother and teacher for more information. You then learned more about the feud but was still confused how it started. Since there was no clear answer to how it started, it was basically a mystery on why the feud is still going on to this day. However your mother told you not to worry about it and focus on your duties as future queen. To help you distract yourself from all the royalty stuff, you read some books since you were still constricted to the castle walls. But the books were a nice read. There was a wide spread of different genres but you always found yourself reading romantic or fairy-tale type books.

The books were also a nice escape from the new commanding knight. Kaden Kickenklober, son of one of the chairmen. Even though you would like to say he only got his place because of his dad, you knew that wasn't true. Kaden did the same training that everyone did and was treated the same way. He got his place and power with his skills and that made you upset since you can't say it was unearned. And since his high position, he is one the knights that you spend the most time with and the person outside of your lady in waiting and your mother that you see that most. Even though you aren't the biggest fan of Kaden, you were at least thankful for your lady in waiting, Nooshy. She was kind and treated you like a human rather than a royal or some kind of prize. You were a bit worried that Johnny would be the only person that would treat you like but thankfully Nooshy came into your life. But unlike Johnny, you don't have to hide your friendship with her.

*present day*

Twas the night before your twenty-first birthday. You weren't really looking forward to it since there was going to be a grand ball where you'll be forced to interact with the snobby members of the current council and others that had a title. Then there was the fact that it meant that your time as queen is growing near.

Nooshy was brushing your hair as you were getting prepared for bed. You wore a nice silk (f/c) nightgown. You looked down at your hands as your hair was being brushed.

"Something bothering you, your majesty," Nooshy asked in a noble manner.

"Nooshy it's just you and me here, do need to be formal," you said slightly peeved.

"I'm aware but that doesn't change that you are clearly upset by something given your tone," Nooshy said collectively.

"Well, how would you react when you are forced to have a party you didn't actually want with people that make you frustrated," you responded sarcastically.

"Well you make a point," Nooshy said, agreeing. "Your mother's council members are a bunch of annoying, self-centered, hags." She sighed. "But you know that there is nothing you can do so I suggest you find a way to enjoy the ball tomorrow. Fake it until you make it."

Nooshy gives you a soft smile that you saw thanks to the mirror. You groan as you knew that she was right. You weren't upset that your mother was trying to celebrate your birthday but you hate that she didn't ask you if you even wanted this. It was more like she wanted to have a ball and is using your birthday as an excuse. But you knew your mother wasn't like that but it sure does feel that way a good amount of time.