5 - Reg POV:

Even after we hang up, I can't fall asleep. My stupid brain is fixated on none other than James Potter. The way he smiled at me as we were racing, how good he looked in my shirt, even how bright his smile was when I called him Jamie. GOD stupid brain. I groan again and roll over, giving up on sleep. It's already early, about 4 in the morning. I decide to head down to the kitchen.

"Oh, no thanks. Really, I'm fine. You can go back to sleep."

I hear a voice, and peek through the door. James is waving goodnight to a house elf, before sighing and burying his head in his hands.

I clear my throat, and his head snaps up.

"Oh, hey Reg. Up early, I see."

"Couldn't sleep. Tea?"

"Yes please."

He stands up and grabs the cups for me.

I glance at his shirt again. "That really is too small."

He grins. "It's okay. At least I have one."

I roll my eyes at him. "It's almost see-through."

"But it isn't."

He hands me the cups, and I turn around, getting to work. I make tea all the time at my house- it calms me down. "So, why're you up?"

He rubs the back of his neck. "Nightmares. How about you?"

"Same."

I turn back around, and feel his eyes on me. "Please stop staring."

"Sorry."

My cheeks were most definitely NOT red. I don't know what you're talking about.

He coughs. "I, um, I left Dora a note. So she doesn't worry."

I nod. "Smart. But it's so early. Aren't you going back before she wakes up?"

"Well I was planning on going to the library after being here for a bit."

"I'll come with you."

"Okay."

I bring his tea over, and we sip in silence for a while.

"So... and tell me if you don't want to talk about it, but I saw your mom's letter and-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

I expect him to keep pushing, but he nods and falls silent.

"Well, you know pureblood families," I hesitate. "They want me to continue the line. They..." I take a breath.

"Reg, you don't have to tell me."

"I need to tell someone. Please just listen."

"I am."

"My parents want me to get the dark mark this summer."

"Oh, Reg, I'm sorry."

There's a moment of silence before he gets up and wraps his arms around me. I flinch, but sink into the embrace, my head on his shoulder.

"Reg... maybe you could spend the summer with me? I mean, my parents would be fine with it-"

"No, my parents would track me down. Sirius is fine, they don't care, but as soon as their last Black heir leaves?" I scoff. "They'd burn the world down for me. You would get killed."

He sighs, but nods. "But seriously. You need to run away? Just say you're with Pandora or something, and come to my place. I'll owl you so you can get my address."

I nod, swallowing.

He nods too.

I pull back, averting my eyes.

"I think we should go to breakfast now," I say, trying to put back on the mask.

"Reg, I think the tea's burning." He peers past me.

I spin around. "HOW DOES TEA CATCH FIRE? IT'S NOT EVEN ON A STOVE!"

We run around, trying to find a fire extinguisher.

"THIS IS A SAFETY HAZARD," James yells. "WHAT IF THE WHOLE SCHOOL BURNS? GET THE ANTI-FLAMETHROWER!"

"IT'S A FIRE EXTINGUISHER! FIRE! EXTINGUISHER!"

The flames go higher, causing both of us to shriek in sync.

I finally dump a bucket of water on it. "Aww darn I really wanted that tea."

"How the heck did it light on fire on a marble counter?" James asks, shaking his head.

I shake my head too. "Well, let's go before something else starts burning."

"Hey, you know what?" He asks as we leave.

"What?"

"I bet it caught on fire from my looks."

I slap his arm as he starts laughing.

"You have such a big ego."

"RUDE."

"Honest."

We walk into the Great Hall together, and spot Dora and Sam sitting at the Slytherin table, as everyone keeps shoving them. James's jaw clenches, and he strolls over.

"Excuse me ladies and gents, coming through." He leans over to Dora, and whispers something.

She nods, and stands up. "Cmon Sammy."

They turn around, and James meets my eyes, silently asking if I'm coming or staying. I turn and walk with him, and his face lights up in delight.

"Don't get an ego," I tell him, ignoring the weird warmth spreading through me at the fact he actually wants me to come. "I'm only coming for Dora."

He laughs. "Fair enough."

We walk over to the Gryffindor table.

(Hi guys :). BTW if u were worried about Sirius, it's all fixed in a chapter- even though he's a huge drama queen- but I'll definitely make some drama with him later.

So anyways I need favorite characters, cause I need to know who not to kill- cause I need to add some exciting parts, but I don't wanna be totally evil

Love y'all <3)

~E