Chapter 5

Nothing like a good hunt, to help clear your head followed by a long drive home.
Singing at the top of your lungs while your driving home, your mind flashes back to the times you and Dean would sing to mostly annoy Sam, smiling at the memory. With Dean on your mind and the music blaring you don't even notice the drive go by quickly. Before you know it you are pulling up to Pop's house.

"I'm home" you shout as you walk through the door
"Pops!?" walking into the kitchen you see a note on the fridge.
"Had to help on hunt will be home tomorrow"
"And he moans at me" you huff reaching into the fridge and getting a beer out, sending Bobby a quick text just to let him know you are home.

After drinking your beer and laying on the couch you don't realise how exhausted you are until you are awoken the next morning to the smell of bacon.
"Pops?" You groggily ask.
"He's on his way back" Jody replies. You stand up and stretch off your achy body you didn't mean to sleep all night on the couch.
"Here" Jody says handing you coffee.
"Thank you" you smile at her sitting down at the kitchen table.
"Breakfast is almost ready" She smiles at you.
"Have I told you recently how much I appreciate you" you say taking a sip of coffee.
"Not recently" she teases you.
"Well I do, and I know pops does too" you smile at her. She plates your breakfast up and sits down next to you.

"So you wanna talk about it?" She asks carefully and you sigh.
"I don't know Jody, I don't know what I'm thinking" you say stuffing your pancakes and bacon in your mouth.
"That's understandable, but he is your family by blood" she says giving you a sympathetic look.
"Exactly by bloody, Pops, you, Sam, Dean and Cas are my family. You guys are the ones who have been here for me" you reply through mouthful of foods.
"Start from the beginning tell me everything" Jody says.
"Fine" you sigh and begin to explain what you remember from your past up to meeting your brother again.

"So he did say he tried looking for you"
"Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true" you shrug your shoulders.
"Look I get this might be hard after all these years but I think you should give him a chance, slowly get to know him again" she day's taking your hand in hers "I know that may not be what you want to hear"
"I know you are right" you reply "I let go of my hatred towards him a long time ago, if he had found me who knows how my life would've turned out, but honestly I'm so grateful he didn't because it means I have you all" you smile at her and tears start to form in your eyes.

"I miss him everyday" you say looking at the picture of all of you on the fridge.
"I know you do sweetie. But I think it's time you accept he's gone" She says giving you a sad look.
"I can't, Sam has already given up I can't do it, he can't be gone Jody, it's Dean and Cass we are talking about they can't be gone, how would they feel when they come back to know we all gave up hope, I just can't" tears starting to fall.
"Oh sweetie" She brings you into a hug.
"We have been through too much for this to be the end, I will find them" you whisper.
"Y/N honey" you are interrupted by Bobby coming through the door. Wiping your eyes you stand to meet him with a smile.

"Pops" you smile giving him a hug.
"It's good to see you kiddo" he smiles at you "I see Jody has been keeping you company"
"You know without her I would've starved you have no food and you can't blame me like you normally do as I wasn't here" you tease him.
"It's been busy, shopping wasn't top of my list" he shrugs.
"Well good job I'm back, I'm gonna head into town and get some groceries while you shower because you stink" you laugh.
"When you leaving" Bobby teases.
"You are stuck with me for at least a couple of day, right I will be back" you say grabbing your keys.
"I will see you later Y/N I gotta get to work" Jody shouts to you.
"Come over for dinner tonight my treat" you shout back to her as you head out the door.

"How is she?" Bobby turns to Jody.
"She's tough you know that, she's gonna be fine we had a good talk" Jody smiles at Bobby "But she was right you stink"