Chapter 6

Tommy pov:
"Oh, maybe my plan is a bit risky. Something could really happen to Athy. I mean, we raised her, and not many people like us."

Willow was pacing back and forth in our room as she told me what had happened with the emperor.

It was clear that Willow was holding herself from running back to the palace to wait for Athy.

"Look, sis, why don't you go to the cake shop to cool down. Besides, there was a new shipment coming in today."

Willow slowly nodded as she fixed herself up, I could see her hand tremble in either fear or anger. Grabbing her bag, Willow headed to the door.

"Don't do too many drugs when you get there."

Willow groaned when I said that but didn't complain it was still a bit too early to do any of the heavy drugs.

'I wonder if we have a drug problem? Nah, it's this empire as Willow earned a lot of cash when she started dealing a few drugs from back home.'

All of her alcohol and drug knowledge came from Wilbur, Quackity, and Schlatt. Wilbur was the one to teach us how to brew drinks, Schlatt taught her how customers like their drinks, and Quackity showed her how to see them and make other drugs.

Now she's putting all those skills into use as both common and nobles can't get enough of it. Though she had cut a few costumes off...

"I'll be fine, my twin. If Athanasius isn't back before her bedtime, we kill that baster tonight."

Willow looked back at me with a sly grin that only meant trouble. With nothing else to say, Willow finally left.

With her gone, it meant I'm now the go-to for Lilly and the other maids if something happens. Even though Willow had a system that all the maids must follow.

Claude pov:
"What do you mean maids were stealing from the Ruby palace funds?"

Felix stood in front of me with a bit of pepper work in his hands. Handing them to me, I look them over.

With the budget I set for the bug, it should have been enough for them to live a decent lifestyle. Yet the numbers were a little off.

"Lady Athena claims that a few maids were stealing items when she first came to the palace."

The numbers had dipped for a while, and then it went back to normal.

"Where the maids punished for stealing from the palace? If not, do so immediately."

Felix hesitant for a moment before nodding and leaving the room with a few documents in hand. Once gone, I look at the information on the Lady Athena and her brother.

With them from another kingdom, there wasn't a lot of paper on them, all except for a bakery in the middle district. A few guards were sent to look it over.

Plus, I had an investigation over whoever did the renovation on the ruby palace. How could they have an entire renovation on the palace under my nose.

"That Athena is another annoying bug like that dancer and her child."

The thought itself hurts my head just thinking about it. Every thought about them hurts my head.