Chapter 5

Athanasius pov:
'Auntie, how do you have so much confidence!'

So far, Claude hasn't said anything yet, but the look on his face just screams murder.

Auntie doesn't even seem bothered by the glares he's sending her. Though it's useless against the great Athena who owns a cake shop and gamble on the side for extra cash.

Forcing myself to look away from auntie, I looked at the table filled with different kinds of sweets on the table.

"You two leave. I wish to have a moment alone with the bug," it seems that Felix was about to say something, but stop when Claude sends him a glare.

"Your majesty -"

Before Auntie could say anything else, Felix made the mistake of grabbing her by the shoulder. The first thing Auntie did was slap the red knight her fan, which left a cut on his cheek that started bleeding.

In an instant, she turns to face Claude with her poker face on. The look that he had on made me sick to my stomach.

Before anything could happen, Felix dragged auntie out of the room as she glared at Claude.

"Athanasius, don't let his majesty walk over you. You're a royal just like him, so you do matter. If he tries anything, just scream."

The door shuts, and I'm left with my father.

Willow pov:
Shoving the knights hands off of me, I stood in front of the door. I kept my ears open for the first sign of a distress scream.

"Lady Athena, the princess will be alright. His majesty is with her."

Giving the knight a stink eye, I pressed my ear up to the door. The red head said something, but he was simply a background noise now.

"You know I had a father like that baster. Me and my twin practically raised ourselves. He had shown no interest until now, so I'm suspicious of him."

'Did this baster need to know a bit of my past? No, but it shows I have the right to be worried.'

The knight shuts up as he just stands guard. I can feel his gaze on me, but it doesn't matter as I try to listen for anything.

Whatever they were talking about, I couldn't hear, but no sounds of fighting or yelling could be heard, so it put me a bit on ease.

"He won't do anything to her...I've known Claude his whole life."

Felix pov:
Lady Athena sent me a glare before she stepped away from the door and stood in front of me.

Her eyes were like ice, cold, and unwelcoming to those who met their gaze.

'Just like Claude, which means their is more to those eyes than she let's on. If they had met on different terms, maybe they could have been friends.'

Lady Athena experience was also cold even with the smile she had on.

"His majesty left that girl in a palace ment for his concubine, I had to make that palace appropriate for a girl her age."

As she spoke, it was clear that she was uncomfortable with how her left hand fidget.

With my few visits to the ruby palace before the massacre, it did have images that the princess wouldn't need to see.

"But -"

Before I could defend his majesty, Athena had cut me off with a wave of her hand.

"The worst part was that a few maids thought they could steal from the princess. Though, once I took charge, that was taken care of."

Hearing that the maids were stealing from the princess shocked me a bit. They all knew she was Claude's daughter, who would one day rule.

"Who knows how far they would have gone if it wasn't for Lilian and me. She made Athy feel love as I went out to make more money."

"Lilly..."

Adjust her hat. Lady Athena turns away and walks away, taking a half step. I stopped and looked back at my post.

"If you believe his majesty won't harm my niece, then you'll return her back without any scars. I do mean both mental and physical scars."

As she said this, she walked away standing tall. Going back to my post, I know that I'll have to tell Claude how the maids treated the princess.