"Stockholm syndrome, Miss Alexander. It's quite common in cases such as yours. Often a criminal will abduct a young woman like yourself and use her. It isn't rare to see a development of feelings from the victim. An attachment, perhaps?" Agent Nichols starts off, and I assume he heard Nick and I's conversation.

"He was my kidnapper." I bite back a smirk. "Nothing more, nothing less."

Agent Cage clears his throat, adjusting himself. Unclear images of my hands wrapping around his neck and squeezing until his eyes turn red, and face a deep purplish color. Bruises would spread on his pale skin, creating a variety of yellows, blues and purples. It would be a nice contrast in my opinion.

My thoughts might sound insane, and I'm not sure why. But it's not like I'm just going to ignore them. These thoughts have gotten too strong to ignore and everything is just so overwhelming. The violent thoughts I've been having started the second I saw Kai's blood spill. Every single thought revolves around Nick.

Nick, the selfish bastard that thought he was so powerful and doesn't realize he could be dead. He's only alive because Kai didn't want to strip the only family I had left away from me. What a selfish prick.

"Really? Because wouldn't you be overjoyed that he's six feet under? By the looks of it, there's plenty of tension between you and the deputy." Cage leans against the wall, gesturing over to Nick for only a second.

"Fine." I smirk, looking right at Nick. "You're right, I can barely look at him."

"And why is that?" Cage just wants to make me say it.

"Because every time I look at him I see him die. Over, and over, and over again. The scene plays in my head repeatedly. I remember being locked in the car. He put me there for safety. Malachai Parker isn't-" I break. It feels like the cracks in my personality just become too much.

"Isn't what? He isn't guilty? The several bodies he piled up disagrees with your statement Miss Alexander. Malachai Parker is the opposite of innocent. He killed those people, and he would've killed you." Agent Cage pushes, his aggressiveness not even taking me by surprise.

"You're a federal agent. A great detective? You probably see liars, cheaters, psychopaths, and manipulators every day. So tell me if I'm lying when I say Malachai would never hurt me on purpose." I stop there, deciding not to continue.

"You have Stockholm syndrome, Simone. People with this confusion tend to get blinded by facts. They'll do anything. So tell me, the officer Malachai killed, did you help him?" Cage growls, his aggressiveness pokes through his mask.

"I never-" I pause, thinking a moment before narrowing my eyes at him. "I never wanted anyone to die. I wanted to avoid the hurt and give him what he wanted." My teeth grind together in annoyance.

"Did you help him kill someone?" Agent Cage asks again.

"No. I didn't help him." I snap, refusing to give in.

"You put on this innocent act and convince everyone you're the victim. But are you really? Deputy Adams was put in the Hospital twice, and has barely even recovered since then. He says you were there. My question is, why would a serial killer just dismiss the fact that he has a witness and just drop him off in a ditch?" Agent Cage now leans over my table, his voice sending chills down my arms.

"Simple. Remorse." I lie, straight through my teeth. Both agents must see it. Their eyes flicker to the camera in the corner, then to me.

"Simone, Psychopaths don't feel remorse for anyone, they take pleasure in the kill and can snap at any time-" Agent Nichols keeps his distance, but also has his share of anger raging inside him.