Twenty-Seven

Song for this chapter
• Stockholm Syndrome-One Direction because Salachai feels ;)

(Making this book was the best decision I've ever made.)

S I M O N E
I scream. No one is there to hear me except my own captor, but I scream anyway.

Deep down I knew something was wrong. I surely didn't expect this. But Kai's secret is something I surely didn't want to know.

The wind is howling in my ears. Kai's dark blue eyes are staring right through me. This is impossible. Whatever this is, it's not physically possible.

"You're scared." He hisses in my ear, watching me.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

"Let me go," I beg, on the verge of losing it.

This isn't possible. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but-

Kai cuts off my thinking with a chuckle. "Let you go?" He pauses, thinking. "Fine."

He takes a sudden step back from me, allowing me to bolt down the path with the strange amount of energy I have. My shoes dig to the soft forest floor, providing me extra grip.

I only get a short distance before I'm stopped. Every single bone in my body just stops, like I'm put on pause.

"Don't make me hurt you, kitten." The voice comes closer and closer. Sweat drips from my forehead as I try to move. But it's like all my muscles are contracting, freezing me in place. I gasp at the restrictions, struggling as if I'm tied by ropes.

You know what it feels like to fly? I don't. At least not until I'm flying across the path and into a tree. The pain finally catches up with me, shooting through my muscles and up my back to my neck.

The boy I've grown to hate makes his way towards me. His hands in the air, controlling me like a puppet.

"If it wasn't for that maid at the motel, I wouldn't have this much power." He clenches and unclenches his fists, staring down at them.

"W-what are you?" I gasp for air, fighting the restraining on my lungs.

"Isn't it obvious? Well, I guess you weren't ever familiar with the supernatural." He smirks, looking me up and down. "I'm a witch," he shakes his head, "well, more like warlock."

Impossible.

"You...you...it's-" I'm trying to shove him with all my power, but he doesn't move at all.

"Are you afraid of me?" He smiles brightly at his cliché comment, knowing exactly what it's from. Then suddenly I want to punch him. I want to punch him for being so idiotic and treating my feelings with such carelessness.

Crying, I kick at him and nod slightly. His hands latch around my arms, making me wince. I scream loudly and successfully shove him off of me, making him stumble.

"Fuck- ow, gosh, Sim." He grabs me, pinning me to the tree once more. "You don't need to be afraid. If I wanted you dead, you would be."

That doesn't comfort me.

"Why me?" My voice cracks annoyingly.

"Kitten, if I knew that, things between us would be much much different." He says between clenched teeth and balls his fists, backing off. Even now he's bipolar. It's like he is deciding between killing me, or letting me live.

"How?" My eyes are filled with worry, on the brink of tears.

"How what? How am I like this?" He chuckles, thinking for an answer. "You can blame my parents for that one."