Qinter(Qibli x Winter)

A/N: This one-shot was made for qinter_shipper so ty for the request!! btw this has like a teeny bit of angst so yeah

Qibli's POV

It was a nice sunny day at Jade Mountain and Qibli was bored to death in his sleeping cave. Qibli had a lot of things to do, like tidy up his stuff(he was a really disorganized dragon) or read a scroll, but he didn't feel like doing any of that. He looked over at his dormmate, Winter, and noticed how calm and beautiful that dragon was... Qibli had always wondered what life would be like as a prince and all, but he was one of those streeet rats. Qibli always wanted to be noticed and amazing and wonderful, which is why he acts like a jokester, but he knew that would never happen. He also knew that Winter would never like him back. 

Just then, Kinkajou came in the room, bursting the door open with Moon and Turtle behind her.

"HEY DO Y'ALL WANNA-- oops... sorry, hehee," Kinkajou giggled.

Winter immediately woke up from Kinkajou's yelling. He looked around and noticed that Kinkajou was in the room. Qibli expected him to yell stuff like "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?" and "AS AN ICEWING PRINCE, I DEMAND YOU TO LEAVE THIS INSTANT!," but no.

Instead, he just squinted at Kinkajou and mumbled something like "Thank goodness, it's just you."

"Well now that he's awake, do y'all wanna go for a stroll?" Kinkajou asked.

"But--" Winter started.

"Of course! C'mon Ice Boy!" Qibli interrupted, smiling at Winter's annoyed face.

The five dragons then left Jade Mountain and flew over the rainforest. Kinkajou, Moon, and Turtle flew in the front and were talking about Webs' history paper that was assigned just last week. Qibli and Winter flew in the back quietly.

"I hated the part about how the whole entire essay was on the Sandwing Succession," Kinkajou said.

"I know, right? And what's worse is that we never learn anything new," Moon said.

Qibli looked at Winter, expecting him to scoff about this, but instead, he looked really phased out.

All of a sudden, Winter fell.

He just straight plummeted to the ground.

"NOO!!" Qibli screamed.

Qibli immediately rushed to grab Winter's tail. Even though Winter's tail spikes were poking through Qibli's talons, Qibli still held on tight and endured the pain. Qibli then took Winter to the forest floor. He knew that Kinkajou, Moon, and Turtle would all be searching for them, but he first wanted to make sure Winter was okay.

"Winter! Winter wake up, please! Don't leave me..." Qibli shook Winter with his bloodstained talons. 

Then, Winter gasped for air and woke up.

Qibli hugged Winter tightly. Qibli knew that Winter wasn't much of a hugger, but he didn't care.

"Why did you fall? What happened? I was so worried," Qibli asked.

Tears began to fall from Winter's eyes.

"M-my p-parents, th-they were i-in my dreams a-and they w-were abusing m-me a-and I-I feel like n-no one cares a-about me," Winter said.

Winter looked up and Qibli.

"Qibli, I-I feel a-alone."

Qibli paused. He didn't know that any of this was happening. The perfect, amazing dragon he loved felt... alone?

"Winter... I..." Qibli struggled, "I feel alone sometimes too."

Winter's POV

Winter was confused. The one dragon he really loved, the one dragon he wanted to be with, he felt alone too? 

"Winter, I love you! You're the reason I wake up every morning, you're the reason I smile all the time, you're the reason I'm alive right now! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been here. I would be up there," Qibli pointed to the sky with a bleeding talon, "Winter, I love you with all my heart, will you please be my boyfriend?"

Winter stood there, almost paralyzed, staring straight into the Sandwing's obsidian eyes.

Qibli then looked down with tears in eyes, smiling, and said "I guess not. Well, its okay! I hope you have fun with your special someone. See you around."

Qibli turned around and walked into the rainforest.

Winter was still standing there.

"QIBLI!!!"

Winter ran after the one dragon he loved in the world with all his might. His legs still felt sore, but he had to reach Qibli. 

Qibli stopped and turned around.

"Winter...?"

"Let's be alone together, Sandsnorter," Winter said, panting.

They both pulled their snouts together. 

"Thank you, for helping me when I needed it the most," Winter whispered.

Qibli just smiled.

"Of course, Ice Boy. I'll always be here, by your side."

A/N: Hey y'all! Be sure to comment below plss! ^^I am so very proud of my work here!!^^