"I wouldn't miss you either." Zack said quietly.

Jace turned to him, offended. "Excuse me?" Zack started laughing. "No! Tell me what you said!"

"I said your hair looks nice today."

"You liar." Jace hit him on the back of the head. It wasn't enough to hurt. Jace was laughing too.

"No, I mean it! The way you styled it today, it's totally sexy." Zack's easy smile was making Jace laugh more.

"Shut up, man! You're making it worse." He was starting to wheeze and it was causing the other three to laugh as well.

"I'm just being real with you." Zack said through laughs. "If I didn't tell you about your hairstyle turning me on would we even be friends?"

Jace shoved his shoulder but faltered because of his laughter. He ended up leaning against Zack to keep himself from falling over and Zack grabbed his arm, also laughing.

They looked like fools. Standing in a close circle, Andrew leaning on the lockers, Ki bent over clutching his stomach, Jace and Zack leaning against each other and they were all laughing their asses off. They may have looked like fools but they all felt light.

The bell rang and they tried their hardest to get it together. Although when Jace stood up and met eyes with Zack both boys were sent straight back to laughing. Finally Jace managed a weak punch to Zack's shoulder and they got themselves together enough to stand by themselves.

They went their separate ways for first hour and Zack already knew today was going to be a good day.

And it was.

At lunch Isaac caught Jess's eye. The boy was sitting with a ginger kid and was snacking on a bag of Doritos that Zack had stuck in his locker preciously. The sight made Zack smile as he went back to his usual lunch table.

His friends jokes and Dagger patted his shoulder. Some of the kids were still bummed out about Friday but most had gotten over it. The air wasn't heavy or mean, it was light and friendly.

When the bell rang to signal the end of last hour the air was still the same. He had made it through the day and was okay. He walked out of the locker room with Ki and both of them were chuckling.

They separated when they reached the student parking lot. Jace was running up behind them, trying to catch up to Ki because that was his ride. Ki was smirking at his little prank, making the boy think he was leaving him behind.

They ended up at Ki's house soon enough and after parking, the three went in. They all knew their way around and the rules here like the back of their hand so they slipped off the shoes and Zack went straight to Ki's room, beating the other two there. He collapsed on the bed and Ki was soon after him.

Jace came in not long after with a glass of water. "Your mom's in the kitchen. She said I don't look like I eat enough and asked if I'm okay."

The two on the bed chuckled. Jace sat his water down and then sat in one of Ki's gamer chairs.

Ki's room was much bigger than Isaac's. It had a bed in the middle with a game set up connected to the TV and gamer chairs to the right, the side closest to the door. Then on the left was a little sofa pushed up against the wall with his cloest just a little bit away. It was really spacious and often the target for their hangouts.

The door opened about 15 minutes later, just when Jace started loading up a game on the Xbox. Andrew shut it behind him and huffed as he took the other gamer chair. "Fuck you guys, you didn't even wait on me."

Ki shrugged. "You were taking too long."

Andrew rolled his eyes and yanked the controller out of Ki's hands. The boy glared but settled down to watch like Zack. The two began a match on Call Of Duty and the others on the bed watched quietly, chuckling whenever insults were thrown.