3. White flames and purple smoke

Scarlett Ryelynn.

T.w suicide mentions, death

"People say this is where he drowned himself." I say. Trey grabs my hand. I fell for this side of Trey when I was younger, never again am I ruining our friendship like that.

"They never found the body, though." Trey adds.

"I'm so sorry, Scar." Hunter says, looking me in the eyes. About a minute passes without talking, the only sound heard being the ocean waves crashing against each other. "Lyssa should be here any minute." I say, breaking up the awkward silence. "This is the beach we go to if we don't want to go to Santa Monica." Trey says.

"OH MY GOD, IT'S ALYSSA VAUGHNHOUTEN!!" A girl screams. As she yells, more screaming and cheering sounds arise.

Lyss looks slightly annoyed but walks over to us. Alyssa was the definition of beauty. She has dirty-blonde hair reaching half of her back and the prettiest blue eyes.

The twins were beautiful too. Damian's dark eyes are captivating and his hair is nearly black. He was standing behind Alyssa, almost protectively. Damian and Alyssa have an on and off relationship. It has gone one since they were like 12. Delilah, on the other hand, had long hair, double the length of Alyssa's that she dyed lighter. Her chestnut brown eyes searched the beach. When she saw me, she smiled and waved enthusiastically.

"Lettie, you're here! What happened to never skipping unless there was an emergency?" Delilah asks, laughing.

"Ha ha, very funny." I say sarcastically and give her a hug.

"Hey, Scar, I missed you too, come give me a hug." Damian says, smiling.

I walk up to him and hug him. The twins' parents threw them into modeling at the age of two, and they hate it. They have a messed up past.

"Hey, Lettie, I'm so glad we get to do this. It's good to ditch every once in a while." Lyssy says. "What do you want to do?"

I wait a second and me, Trey, and Damian look at each other and nod. "Ice cream." We say in unison

"No, too early. Also, who is that?" Alyssa says, pointing her head towards Hunter.

"Oh uh, the new kid Hunter Johnson. He's chill." Trey says.

"Hey, nice to meet all of you." Hunter says, smiling.

"Hi, I'm Delilah, and that's my Asshole brother, Damian."

"Sup, you play any sports?" Damian asks.

"Uhh football sometimes." Hunter says. Trey and Damian perk up and open their mouths to speak.

"I swear to god if any of you bring up sports again, I'll rip all of your heads off and hang them on my wall!" Lyssy yells.

The boys glare at her. She stares back at them, folding her arms until they look away. Damian walks over to me.

"Dame, you back in that hella toxic relationship with Lyss?" I ask, whispering.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I know we talked about this." He says guilty. I put my hand over my eyes and groan loudly.

"I hate you right now. I'm going to end your relationship again."

This on and off thing started when they broke up in 8th grade because Alyssa cheated on him, then proceeded to beg me to talk to him. They got back together for a few weeks, broke up and didn't talk for a week or two. This cycle kept going up until now. Delilah and I always have to end it for them.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop, but I always hope our relationship will change and become permanent."

"Dame, it won't, it's been six and half years, and you still run in circles. She isn't going to change. I love her, but this is stupid." I say as I stop walking and pull him to a halt.