𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔖𝔭𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔖𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔢

Lily Evans

Montevert Hall

"James!" Lily shouted as she burst into Montevert Hall. They had agreed to meet at 9am before heading to the Weathervane to work on their presentation but they hadn't agreed on where to meet. Really clever of you Lily, thanks! She scolded herself.

There was no one in the dorm but Lily heard some rumpus coming from the bathroom. She went in front of the door and knocked insistently.

"Wait a minute!" Sirius's muffled voice answered.

When the door opened, she sidestepped to let him pass. He was tousled, his cheeks flushed, and his face seemed tormented. Weird, she reflected. It was unusual for Sirius to show that much of his emotions. He was always hiding behind a smirk, playing his bad boy act to perfection.

"Where's James?" Lily asked as soon as the raven-haired boy got out.

She didn't know how someone could be as disorganised as James was. For all his qualities, he was never on time when it mattered – except when it came to quidditch.

Sirius didn't answer right away. While his body was restlessly moving around his bed, he appeared lost in his thoughts. The ginger girl exhaled, annoyed. She didn't have time for that.

"So?" Lily asked again to Sirius who was dressing feverishly.

She loved the ease existing in their group. She would obviously never undress before one of the Marauders, but she liked the fact that they could talk about everything without being prudish or that they could be in the arms of the others without it being awkward. They were all dedicated to each other. Their friendship felt like having a second family.

"Hum – I think he went to find you at Circe Hall." He put a black tee-shirt on. "He must have left fifteen minutes ago."

"I can't believe it!" Lily threw up her arms in disbelief. "And there's not even the Marauders' Map to help me find him! Brilliant!"

"Yeah. Well– we're kind of working on it," Sirius retorted, sounding a bit dry.

Now, that's interesting. When Lily had found out about the map, she had truly been amazed by Remus's work. It was pure genius. She had tried to dig out the secret behind the creation of the map but not one of the Marauders had given in. Lily smiled lightly but let the subject drop. She would come back to it later; she had other things to deal with at the moment.

"Should I wait for James here?" She wondered, looking at the mess reigning in the dorm.

Clothes, which she knew were dirty, were laying in a heap on the floor, towels were hanging on the mantelpiece and in front of the large windows, and empty cups had been left lying on the bedside tables. They were so untidy, Lily was curious to know how Remus was dealing with it. He was, on the contrary, very organised, and so, so methodical.

She turned back to Sirius, eyebrows raised in waiting for an answer and found him blushing even harder than he already was just before. His hands grasped his leather jacket so strongly his knuckles whitened. There was definitely some gossip to learn.

"Where are Remus and Pete?" she asked innocently, her tone softening.

Lily loved making Sirius uncomfortable. He was always so cocky and confident it was hard to tell if it was only an act or if it was his true self. But she had observed him long enough to know which chord to strike. It was never nasty, more a kind of game they were playing from time to time when they felt mischievous to make one another uneasy.