𝟗 • 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄

Start from the beginning

"No, no, everything's under control. Don't worry about it." Daniel assures her with a gentle smile, taking her hand to sit down beside him again.

"What does that mean?" She questions and the dark-haired boy looks to me for help, not knowing what to say since nothing was official and it wasn't exactly 'fine' yet.

"It means they won't be bothering Daniel anymore. You don't have to worry about it, Johnny will stay in his place from now on." I state, stabbing my chicken with a fork. "I'll make sure of it," I murmur, avoiding eye contact with Daniel since we hadn't really discussed the agreement any further since yesterday.

"That's amazing!" The fluffy-haired girl wraps her arms around him and holds him for a few seconds before letting go.

"So, you actually are crazy aren't you, Sam?" He rambles as I select the books I need for my last few classes out of my locker. "How could you accept the deal without talking to me first?" He asks, his face contorted in annoyance.

"I haven't said yes to anything yet, alright? Give me a break. I was just trying to get Ali off your back, that's all." I explain, rolling my eyes at his dramatic reaction.

"You haven't? Good, that's good." He mutters, his mood suddenly calmed.

"That doesn't mean I'm not going to though," I respond, giving him a moment to process.

"I don't want you to be pressured into dealing with them being on your case every day for two months just because your my friend."

"Well, good thing I know what I'm doing then. I just need to show up, go through the motions, and patiently wait for the day I'll be able to sit back and enjoy watching you kick Lawrence's arrogant ass at the All Valley." I offer him a devious grin and I witness his nerves vanish at the idea, relishing in the thought of beating the blonde at his own expertise.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I trust you, but I owe you big time. I'll make it up, I promise."

"Make it up to me in two months." He lets out an airy laugh and we continue into government.

By the time the bell rings throughout the halls of West Valley, I'm sure of my decision, but unfortunately, the only person I can find outside of the building is Bobby. I hesitate and scan the crowds of students around me, but there's no sign of any other cobra boys.

I internally curse Tommy's absence as I reluctantly trudge up to the brunette leaning against the brick wall. His face reflects the shock he feels at my presence, but I say nothing other than "I'm in." He wasn't blatantly letting it show, but I could tell he was disappointed at my choice of topic.

"Be there by four o'clock sharp, you'll need to get your gi from sensei." He replies plainly and I nod, awkwardly turning on my heel to leave him at the brick wall.

Andie lounges on my bed reading a magazine after telling her all the details of the situation. Our father taught Erik and I the most karate out of us three back in Chicago. I used to be the best though, even Mom agreed at times when my older brother and I would spar as kids, but who knows about now.

"How do you manage to go through with all this for two whole months without Mom or Erik getting suspicious about where you are every day after school?" She raises her one eyebrow as I slick my waist-length hair into a ponytail, the lighter blonde strands becoming more prominent in the bunch.

"I don't know, I picked up an after-school activity or some shit." I shrug, changing into black athletic shorts as the clock reads three forty-five.

"You better come home with some incredibly well-hidden talent like knitting or you're screwed." Andrea snickers, flipping through another page of her magazine.