epilogue

The King of Kadotaru rises from his throne, ready to meet the guests he has invited from far across lands. The Creatures they sent before them already whisper among his people. He is a king like no other, with skin white as bone. They say a human captured him in his youth, along with his father and brother. The human killed them, and tried killing him. But this Creature is a true testament to the bloodline. He survived a human and their vicious poisonous blood.

Some even say he was never green.

The King looks over the Creatures gathered in his throne room. Behind tours Etrra, the Tree of Harmaa. On the steps stands his youngest sister, the only one permitted to be near him. Princess Helcia is kind, but mighty. Silver gems decorate her dress, matching the silver glint in her eyes.

"Aramis, they have arrived."

The King turns to regard the guard by him. He nods slowly. "Very well, Hellion. May we finally find a way to create peace. May we finally learn."

"For Lycoria," Hellion bows her head.

"And for Ēnsiger. May they both rest with Harmaa," Aramis breathes, turning his eyes back to the door. "May we finally avenge them."

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

Death doesn't last forever. That is what he decided. He must do whatever it takes to bring the world balance again. That is why he dragged her body through time. There is a fire in her heart that he can use to burn for him.

"You can do this," he says to himself, flexing the green gems on his hands. His blonde hair falls across his forehead, irritating his bloodshot eyes. "The Spiris cannot keep me from this, no matter how hard they try. I will win."

He stretches out his hands, looking thin and ghastly in this light. He used to be so tan and toned. But his days of that are over.

"It is time to rise, Lady Lycoria," he says before muttering ancient words. "Time to continue what Harmaa failed to complete."

In front of him, the lifeless body rises with a gasp.

THE END

Final words - 39,000