Chapter 11: Dilemma

Start from the beginning

I wonder why is he acting such way since that night, not that I'm complaining, because after that night I also don't want to face him. He bruised my whole neck and shoulder with loads of hickeys. I have to put tons of foundation and concealer to cover those terrible looking purplish marks. Some of them turned so dark that I have to cover my neck with a scarf to hide them for a whole freaking week.

Though the marks are now gone for good but the memory is still fresh in my mind. The way he touched me, kissed me, hold me was so overwhelming, I couldn't put that in words, it's almost like a dream. Everytime I recall that moment my cheeks started to heat up and an unavoidable feeling of bliss swirls in my heart. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I kinda like that unknown feeling, it gives me a sense of belonging.

I came back to office and saw Julie stood right infront of my desk with a annoyed face. I groaned and prepared myself mentally for a long ass lecture. I dragged my feet towards my desk and seeing me she said with knitted brows,

"Where have you been? Lunch break is over 15 minutes ago." I just sighed, not a little bit of interested to argue with her right now. I opened my mouth to say something but she beat me at it.

"Anyways I have no time for your lame excuses, go grab an espresso and these medicines quickly." She handed me a small chit, four medicine names have been written on that small piece of paper. It's not new to me that Julie made me do her work and took the credit herself.

By now I almost know Adi's schedule and most of his preferences by heart, like how strong he liked his coffee or how he like to match his ties and watches to his outfit, or how he like to take gym breaks in the middle of his office etc. And all of these because in the name of assistance Julie treated me like her slave and made me do all her work along with my own. I have no choice but to oblige her orders.

"Medicines?" I asked frowning, I know for whom she ordered that. She rolled her eyes and replied,

"It would be much appreciated if you shut your mouth and do as you're being told." She said while walked past me and leave the floor. I can't help but worried if Adi is sick or something. Probably he is sick unless he wouldn't be so passive towards me for past few days, as he is obsessed with seeing me in trouble.

Reaching a nereby pharmacy I asked them about the medicines, they handed me those and I went for cafeteria. I ordered his strong double espresso and grabing the drink I hit the button of top floor to his office. In my way I googled two of those medicines obviously out of curiosity, and found one of them is for headache and one is sleeping pills.

I startled as soon as the elevator door open and Julie almost ran into me. She came into the elevator quickly holding loads of files and after taking a glance at my hands occupied with medicines and coffee cup she said,

"Go give them to Mr. Oberoi ASAP." She blurted while pressing on the buttons hurriedly. Where is she going in such a hurry? I glanced slightly at the side panel and saw she pressed the button for 12th floor which leads to the conference room. I guess there would be an urgent meeting going to be held so Julie hurried to make arrangements. This might be the only work she couldn't take my help on, and has to do everything on her own.

I came quickly out of that closed off space before the door closed again. I'm a bit shock that Julie asked me to give those things to Aditya by myself, because she never let me. I always handed her something that he needs and she takes things to him. That meeting must be a last minute call unless I knew about it for sure.

Without overthinking much I dragged my feet to that familiar wooden double door of his office. I paused briefly infront of the close door, to be honest I felt a little bit scared about how he would react to see me, because it's pretty obvious he avoids me intentionally.