Chapter 17: Rest your weary head...

Start from the beginning

Saphron could see the sad look on Vernal's face and her worries began to grow. "What... What happened?" Saphron asked with fear.

Vernal could not stand the look of fear and worry in Saphron's face, as it made her feel guilty for what she was about to reveal to her. "Jaune... he killed the man who shot me, as well as his friends," Vernal told Saphron.

Saphron gasped and put her hand over her mouth as tears formed in her eyes, to know that her brother had killed someone, and hurt her on the inside. Not in a million years would she ever think her brother was capable of killing, Jaune was her little brother, he was innocent and kind, but now, her brother had changed. Tara was shocked too, but took her wife's hand to comfort her, knowing she was not handling the information well, and she wasn't either, she knew Jaune as the nicest person she had ever met, and never thought he would kill.

"After that, he faced Raven for his and my freedom, he won and we left," Vernal said. "A few days later, we ran into Oscar and His Aunt, they offered us work and a place to stay until we could get to Mistral and go to Atlas, but things didn't go as planned," Vernal said.

"What happened?" Terra asked with a raised brow.

Oscar turned to the two women, looking up at them, "Turns out, my aunt was an Ex-Detective on the run from Spider after they killed my parents to get to her," Oscar said

Hearing the name of the Gang, Terra's eye's widened, "Wait, the gang that was just recently slaughtered in Mistral?" Terra asked "That spider?"

Oscar nodded, "Yeah," he said.

Quickly, Terra came to the conclusion of who was behind said slaughter of one of the most powerful gang's in Mistral. "It was you guys and Jaune... you guys took them out, right?" Terra asked, her voice full of shock.

Oscar nodded, "It was us," He admitted in a sad tone.

Terra looked at the young boy, "Why?" Terra asked with a confused expression.

Oscar looked back at the older woman, a look of regret on his face. "They killed my Aunt," Oscar said, "They sent people to our farm and they killed her, she... she was all the family I had left, and I... I felt sad, and then I felt angry, I wanted revenge, and Jaune offered it, and I agreed, and I regret making him do that for me, I-It's my fault he's gone," Oscar finished looking down in shame.

"Don't you dare blame yourself," Vernal quickly told him. "You are not to blame, for anything, Oscar,"

Terra looked at how sad the boy was and saw the regret, Terra then looked at Maria, "And how do you know Jaune?" Terra asked.

Maria looked at her, "I met these youngsters in Mistral, I knew what they were up to and was willing to help," She said.

Saphron looked at the older woman with a glare, "You should have stopped them," the elder Arc child seethed.

Maria turned to her, a calm expression on her face, "It was not that simple, young lady," Maria said. "I gave them advice, but I could do nothing to stop them," She finished.

"Bullshit! You could have done something Oum damn it!" Saphron cried, "You could have stopped them! Called the police! Anything! ANYTHING THEN MAKING MY BROTHER A KILLER!" Saphron cried as she stood up.

Sensing things were going to get ugly, Oscar covered Adrien's ears as he continued to play.

Terra turned to his wife and held her hand, "Saphron-" Terra began, trying to calm her wife down.

"NO! SHE LET IT HAPPEN! THEY ALL STOOD BY WHY MY BROTHER BECAME A MURDERER!" Saphron cried as she pointed at Maria. "THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED! NONE OF THIS...! None of this should have happened to him..." Saphron said as tears fell from her face.