IV. caught in the act

"You're a terrible drummer." Ashton chuckled as he watched the girl attempt to play his drums. It kind of sounded like...someone who didn't know what they were doing which was fitting because she had no idea what she was doing.

Mhina groaned and threw one of the sticks at the garage door, bringing a breathy laugh from the boy's lips. Once she realized what she did, she turned red in the face.

"Oops, sorry Ash." She apologized, trying to stand and retrieve the stick but the boy held her waist. He shook his head and reached behind him.

"That's what these are for." He pulled out a box of fresh drum sticks, glancing over at the thrown one.

"You learn to carry these around when you break eight sticks per day."

"Eight? You need to take it easy."

"It's a bit hard." He brought his attention back to the pretty girl sitting on his lap, eyes trailing from hers to her lips.

"Why is that?" All Mhina could think was 'kiss me already' but of course, she kept that inside. Though it would be the perfect moment since they're alone and pretty close. Ashton reached a hand to her face, caressing her bottom lip.

"I'm just a rough guy." His voice was a bit deeper than before and Mhina could tell the flick has been switched. He was most likely turned on and that's all she needed for her to lean in closer to the boy.

"I'm not convinced." She teased, inches from his lips. Ashton had to restrain himself from smashing his on hers, chuckling lightly.

"I'd be glad to show you, babe." He replied, moving the girl's leg to where she's straddling his lap, hands resting on the curve of her bum. Mhina giggled, meeting him halfway as he leaned in.

However, Ashton had no intentions of kissing her...not just yet. The boy licked her plump lips, angling his head at her neck and pecking at the skin.

Mhina whimpered, wanting to feel his on hers. But that whimper soon turned into a moan as Ashton started to leave love bites.

All the while the two went at it, they were clueless to the fact that someone was a few seconds from opening the door.

Who stood in the doorway was a very confused than angry, Calum Hood.

"Are you serious?" The pair jumped as Calum's voice bounced off the walls, causing the girl to swing a leg off Ashton and stare back at the boy with wide eyes.

Calum's jaw clenched as he glared at the two. He didn't know how to feel. Well, obviously he felt anger and jealousy. But a bit of him was disappointed. Why? Because he didn't expect the girl to be all over his friend.

Though, she had the very right to do what she wanted, Calum didn't care. To him, if she did it, she was wrong. Just like she is right now, a look of embarrassment painted on her face.

"This is how you practice? By frolicking with my foster sister?" Calum asked with a mixture of venom and amusement. He knew very well that he didn't see her as a sister but he wanted the golden boy to feel guilty. And by the looks of it, it was working.

"Mate, I'm so-"

"You're sorry? More like you're disgusting. She's practically like your sister, too." The kiwi boy milked the 'sister' act, folding his arms over his chest and shaking his head.

"I'm not his sister, Calum." Mhina finally spoke up, fed up with his unexpected visit. He just had to barge in here right when she was going to seal the deal with the drummer.

It's been two weeks of non stop flirting with the lad and she was hoping to push their friendship. Looks like that's not happening.

"I said like."