Jealousy, Jealousy

After I had washed myself and also washed my hair once, I stepped out of the cabin dressed.

Samantha was waiting outside and reading a book.

"Sorry, did I take too long?" I asked tentatively, but she shook her head. "It's still early, don't worry. I just thought I'd let you know," Samantha replied, smiling at me.

She was really nice, probably would have ended up in Hufflepuff if she hadn't insisted on Ravenclaw.

It was really early, class started at nine and it was only just past seven. I had been in the water for over an hour.

When I returned to the dormitory, Evangeline was just getting up. She looked at me tiredly, "Are you done with bathing already?" she asked and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Yes, I wanted to use the time. I woke up a little earlier," I said, putting my sweaty clothes in a basket, from which they immediately disappeared.

The house elves even took care of the students' dirty laundry.

"Are you waiting for me or are you going to have breakfast already?" Evangeline asked. I looked at the clock. Breakfast wouldn't be for another twenty minutes and there would still be plenty of time afterwards.

"I'll wait. After what happened in front of the undercroft yesterday, I don't want to walk through Hogwarts alone anymore," I said softly, so that no one else could hear us except for the two of us.

Evangeline didn't take long to freshen up, she usually bathed in the evening, just like me. Most of the time, we went at the same time and talked from one cabin to the other, but yesterday I had been too upset and had hidden under the covers.

When she came out of the washroom, Evangeline was wearing her school uniform and a green tie. I cleared my throat and when she looked at me with a questioning look, I nodded briefly at her tie. Her cheeks turned bright red and I had to laugh.

"You have a spare, don't you?" I said, still laughing, and she took off her tie and threw it at me.

I looked at it briefly, "Ominis, huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows, she stuck her tongue out at me and mimicked me, "He's charming and lovable, besides..." she sighed, "Have you seen him? I don't know what you see in Sebastian when Ominis Gaunt is always right in front of your nose," my white-haired friend said, emphasizing his name as if it were the forbidden fruit.

I sighed, yes, every girl in her right mind would prefer Ominis over Sebastian, but I was probably not in my right mind.

"I can't help it," I said, pouting, "He has such an aura," I said, rolling my eyes, "It doesn't matter, we hate each other, I hate him, he hates me, you're having sex with Ominis and he's having sex with you and we're all happy," at that moment Samantha appeared. We stared at her in shock and she stared back at us.

She nodded and smiled at us recklessly, not saying anything, just adjusting her hair. Evangeline and I exchanged a glance, hoping she wouldn't tell anyone about it. Evangeline seemed to read my mind because she nodded in agreement.

We went down to the great hall where some people were already sitting. I still had Ominis' tie. "Should I give Ominis back his tie?" I asked, and Evangeline nodded hesitantly. If a good friend gave him his tie, it would be less weird than someone he had only known for a few months.

So, I went over to the Slytherin table where Ominis was already eating toast, Sebastian was sitting next to him and staring at me. I took the tie out of my pocket. "Ominis, I have your tie," I said, and Sebastian's look was pure chaos. Ominis looked confused at best. "I wanted to bring it back to you," I said and placed it on the table, where he felt for it and picked it up. He was wearing a Slytherin tie.

"I'll bring the ones I have later to the Ravenclaw common room," said the blonde Slytherin, and I smiled. "Okay, then see you later," I left the table and sat down with Evangeline at the Ravenclaw table. My gaze rested for a moment on Sebastian, who looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Can you read Sebastian's thoughts?" I whispered to Evangeline, she looked at me with wide eyes. "He doesn't look good, I want to know what's going on," I whispered further. Evangeline looked at him for a moment and then shook her head. "He must have developed a shield," she whispered, "I can only perceive snippets."

I was really curious about what was going on with him. After all, he had been eating normally a few moments ago. Now he poked around in his scrambled eggs as if he wanted to kill them again, while his eyes pierced me like silver daggers.

"I think I said something wrong," I said then and looked at Evangeline. I still felt his gaze on me and straightened my blouse. "What did you say?" asked my pretty housemate. "Just that I wanted to return Ominis' tie," I said. Evangeline looked at me for a moment. "That's it? You didn't say, 'From Evangeline' or something like that?" she asked. I shook my head.

Then it dawned on me, and she looked at me as if she knew what had happened.

We looked synchronously at the Slytherin table, where Sebastian was still stabbing his scrambled eggs.

"He thinks...", I whispered, "...that you and Ominis...", Evangeline finished my sentence.

Oh no, oh no no no.

"I have to clarify this," I said, my gaze fixed on my friend with worry, but she shook her head. "If you go to him now, the next thing he'll say is Expulso, and you'll end up in the hospital wing again," she said.

But if I don't, he might hurt Ominis. He doesn't know when to stop when he sees red.

I hung my head. He wouldn't do anything to Ominis, not his best friend since childhood.