PK Pandemonia Arc: Chapter 93 - Rendezvous

Start from the beginning

"We're taking a break before we continue, guys," She announced. "And wow.....it really is the whole city from a bird's eye view."

The rest of the HE members joined her in a row, taking in the view as the wind blasted through our faces. Their reactions were exactly the same as ours, back when we first came here.

Misuko turned to me, her face returning to normal. "I need a word with you."

"Definitely," I nodded, wanting the same thing with her. "Let's go to that corner."

I turned to Raku, who was feeling pretty awkward with the HE members. "I've got some guild stuff. Won't be long."

Raku stared at me and my guild leader for a brief while, before nodding rather oddly.

As much as I hated to do 'guild stuff' in my guild, the current situation itself called for it, whether I liked to do it or not, especially when I'm Land Company's leader.

Once we were at the corner of the Roofpost furthest from the HE members, Misuko brought down her system menu, and began scrambling her fingers around it.

"Let's make it quick, Z-man. What do you have on your plate?"

"Well my plate's been mostly wiped clean," I replied. "The Council's down. Tori's been captured, and she's now being handled by the KoB. Whatever remaining members that are left shouldn't be an issue to us."

As I was about to speak about the second half of my report, I gave a long and hard sigh.

"...However, we've now got a guild affair on our hands."

Misuko's fingers stopped moving momentarily. ".....Krieg....."

"I'm not sure of the reason which led to his rogue actions," I continued. "But I have my theories."

"Are you going to find him?" Misuko looked at me with a gravely concerned expression.

"How else am I going to confirm my theories....." I noticed the enhanced seriousness in Misuko's words. ".....Did something happen to Sky Company back at base?"

She stayed silent in hesitation for a while. It was rare to see her looking like she was being pushed into a corner.

".....Sky Company's being suspended. One of the members got contacted by Krieg since you mentioned his sudden change in behaviour, and while none of them aren't the type to follow Krieg's actions, I decided to keep them under house arrest until Krieg comes back with an explanation."

I didn't think Misuko would resort to measures that drastic just because of Krieg's unexplainable actions. At least she didn't go as far as to exile them or something.

"It's necessary," The axe user explained. "Half the guild wanted to interrogate all the members of Sky Company just to figure Krieg out. I talked them out of doing that, because knowing how Krieg works, that idea's really pointless."

"It is pointless." I agreed. "It was never Sky Company's fault. Krieg's just being.....Krieg."

I turned to my guild leader with some renewed determination. "You just focus on assisting the KoB. I'll talk to him myself."

"Wait, is he not going to come back to the guild?" She asked.

A smile uncontrollably formed on my face. Probably because I knew Krieg more than anyone else, even though I felt like I never knew him enough.

"It's not about whether he comes back to the guild or not. It has never been that way for him."

I pushed myself of the corner of the canyon barrier, and started to head for Raku and the others.