Vol 1 : Chapter 12 : Mending bonds

Start from the beginning

Empty life? What does she even know about me? Bullshit.

I survived the most insane curriculum for a human child, where I was even put at a more disadvantageous position.

I can break almost if not all world records.
There's nothing that I can't do in terms of human capabilities.

What else do I even need?.

"There are many meanings and reason as to why we live Kiyone. One of them is for seeking happiness. Happiness is a subjective experience that varies from person to person.

Some people may find happiness in material possessions or wealth, while others may find it in relationships or experiences.

You probably know the psychology and stuffs behind it more than me. But knowing and experiencing are different things.

Happiness is not just a feeling Kiyone, but a state of being that involves a sense of purpose, meaning, and fulfillment.

It is important to live a meaningful and purposeful life. Not just surviving and keep on outsmarting others."

Purpose? My purpose is to survive right? And in order to do that I need to win right?

Meaningful? No life is meaningful. We all die in the end. It's an abstract concept.

"Happiness can be achieved through many ways Kiyone. If I ask you how you will seek it, you will probably say something technical and psychologically accurate .

But if everything can be written in books, we don't have the need for teachers Kiyone. People learn from experience.

We learn new things all the time, I don't know about you though. You probably know everything, that is in the books.

If you don't have a goal in life, you can always choose one. Start with seeking happiness Kiyone."

Huh? Happiness? But why do we need it? Why do I need it? Isn't making a goal to reach it when you don't need one to survive considered stupid?

"Seek happiness Kiyone-sama. You won't probably understand why we need it. But I guarantee you, if you don't seek happiness, one day you will regret it."

Huh, seeking happiness? But it's not I need it to survive right? I am curious about happiness, but I don't think I can feel it. Understanding it is enough for me.

"In your perspective, understanding something in a descriptive level may seem enough. But believe me, experiencing and knowing are different.

Even if you have an accurate understanding of the concept happiness, when you feel it, all the definitions you read may seem unfitting.

Emotions can't be described through words Kiyone-sama. One has to feel it.

So please seek happiness in these 3 years" Matsuo smiled at me and patted my head.

Why am I remembering that? It never made sense. Whatever Matsuo taught me in that one year never made sense to me. It was always something abstract. Something that seemed useless.

"I found my happiness through you guys. I never felt so alive before. Kiyone, you will get what I am saying once you feel it" Kei hugged me.

I didn't plan this confrontation. But it seems Kei is slowly but surely moving on from her past. She probably thinks something bad happened to me for my cold nature.

'I never seen such eyes. They suck you in like an abyss. Kiyone suffered. I can see it. But unlike me, she is strong. She gives the feeling of undefeated.