Chapter 11: Halloween party

Start from the beginning

As a reference for Nessa's look.

'Bells', I begin. 'You know we have to outdo this somehow at the Halloween party next year, right?'

We both burst into laughter.

'We'll think about this in a year. Now, let's enjoy the night just as we can', she gives me a warm hug, but it doesn't last long as someone knocks on our dorm's door.

Bella jumps out of the hug and rushes into opening the door.

'Hi, girls', Theo's wide smile greets us. He is wearing a ripped-off white shirt with blood stains all over it, and a pair of black tight pants.

Behind him stands Blaise in his astonishing Batman costume.

'Where is Malfoy?', Bella asks the question I didn't have the balls to ask.

'He left earlier', Blaise says. 'He said he was going to wait for us in the Great Hall.'

'Let's grab our masks and go', Bella faces me and I nod.

I love masquerades. The funny thing about them is that they bring out the rawest version of people. Wearing a mask seems to free people from all types of restraints...and masks.

***

Draco Malfoy

Everyone who knows me well is well aware of the fact that I care a lot about my appearance. Some may call me vain and I may completely agree.

If I start doing something, I make sure that I give a thousand percent of myself and I make it perfect.

The Halloween costume is no exception.

This year I am paying tribute to the Joker, portrayed by Jared Leto. I am wearing tight black pants with a tucked-in half-unbuttoned white shirt. An untied bowtie hangs from both sides of my neck. I put several fake tattoos on my chest and some gold chains to complete the look. I even sprayed my hair with a temporary green hair spray. I chose to wear a half-face plain white mask for the theme of the party: Masquerade.

 I chose to wear a half-face plain white mask for the theme of the party: Masquerade

As a reference for Draco's look.

I was one of the first students to arrive in the Great Hall because I wanted to save the best table in the Slytherin section. The Great Hall is transformed into a big dancing hall, and tables are arranged in a circle surrounding the dance floor. Halloween-themed decorations are hanging from the ceiling and sticking from the walls. The lighting is dim, several moveable spotlights are illuminating the dancefloor.

The Great Hall is already starting to crowd with students from different houses, but I am still waiting for my bloody friends. Why does it take them so much to bring their arses up to the Great Hall?

I spot a boy in a Batman costume on the opposite side of the hall, near the entrance.

'That must be Blaise', I whisper to myself and stand up to have a better perspective.