Early Acess

Nyx sat up, pushing the mask off their face. Everything was so disorienting. The once blue room was now a strange shade of pink. Everything was pink, including the girl in front of them. She was wearing a pink tank top and skirt along with a pink beaded bracelet. While Captain Nyx was gender neutral, their little sister had always been hyper feminine.

"Nyx, you have to be careful with the headset!" The girl said, her face full of worry,"Did you hurt yourself?"

"Candy?" Captain Nyx whispered.

"Yeah." Candy nodded, putting a hand on their shoulder,"Oh, you're bleeding! You hit your head so hard!"

"Uh... I guess I did. What happened exactly?" Nyx asked even quieter.

"Uh... you were playing the game and it spooked you." Candy explained, wiping sweat from their forehead, a little blood on her fingers,"Oh no, Nyx."

"What game?" Nyx asked, looking around the room, taking it in,"No, I... was punched."

"The one that you got early access to. I'm going to go call Damien and ask him what to do." Candy suggested, pushing back Nyx's hair from their face.

"Damien?" Nyx asked, a shock of adrenaline shooting through them at the name.

"Yeah, your boyfriend." Candy's eyebrows furrowed as she pulled her phone out,"You really hit your head."

"Candy. How am I here? What's going on?" Nyx asked.

"You... I'll explain later, I need to ask if you should go to the hospital." Candy said.

"Wait... don't bother him at work... he is busy with his election... I think?" Nyx said in confusion.

"Yeah, he is trying to become reelected as mayor." Candy continued the phone call, even though she was asked not to.

"Candace, I'm scared. Tell me everything, please." Nyx begged.

Candy looked them over again then she pulled her phone away from her face, typing a few things as the call continued to ring on speaker.

"Look at the video I sent you on your phone." Candy told them. They sighed and took their phone out, opening the video to see themselves. Tears sprung to their eyes as they looked over the scar across their face.

"Hi guys, I'm CaptainNyx. If you are new to my channel, I'm a gamer with select mutism. Gaming actually has helped me regain my voice over the years but for the times I can't speak I use sign language and all of my videos are subtitled." They sat down behind a box, propping up the camera so it was on the other side of the box.

They put their hands on the box with a wide grin. Nyx's feelings swirled confusingly, causing the tears to finally fall.

"If you've been on my channel then you know what this box is. If you've been watching Markiplier lately then you will also know what this box is." They grinned even wider, looking down at the box,"It's finally here."

Nyx on screen started to cut open the tape with safety scissors, glancing at the camera.

Fear made Nyx go numb. They dropped their phone, flinching as the device clattered to the ground. They sat with thier hands in front of them, trembling.

"Markiplier." They whispered.

"Yes, he is the only other person with early access to this game." Candy explained,"Damien isn't picking up."

"Candy, I..." The Captain turned around and vomited on the floor.

"Oh, yes, hospital, now." Candy said, grabbing them by the arm and helping them stand,"Come on, Nyx."

"You can't drive." Nyx muttered, the floor rocking.

"I have my learner's permit and it's an emergency." Candy whined, putting her free hand on their lower back," You call Damien, he answers you every single time."

"Can't inturrupt..."Nyx's words started to slur.

"Ambulance." Candy whispered, her face going pale.

"Can't afford." Nyx protested, slowly pulling picking up their phone and handing it to Candy who put it on speaker. After a few rings, the call was answered.

"Old friend, are you alright?" Damien said in a worried tone," Candace called me too, has something happened?"

"I told them you answer them everytime and ignore me." Candy pouted.

"Candance." He chastised.

"Damien, Nyx fell and hit their head. They don't want me to drive them but it's pretty bad." Candy explained.

"I'll be there in two minutes. Don't let them sleep." Damien commanded,"Don't move them around too much. Two minutes. Candace, where are your parents?"

"Party. Nyx was over here to watch me. They got really into the new game and fell." Candy started to pet Nyx gently on the face.

"This isn't right." Nyx protested,"It's not right." They started to breath fast, their chest growing tight,"Something is wrong."

"You hit your head." Candy put the phone down so she could pet their face and hold their hand.

"No, this isn't right!" Captain Nyx started to cry.

"Dearest, please be calm." Damien said, wind cutting his voice out. He was outside walking to his car, they guessed.

The Captain shook their head and put their hands over their face.

"Captain?" A different female voice said loudly,"Captain, can you hear me?"

They nodded.

"I need you to open your eyes and look at me. Please." The female said.

Captain slowly opened their eyes, the light causing them to ache. Their blurry vision came into focus. They were on The Invincible. Celci was knelt before them and behind her was Mark with his head between his knees, in his engineer uniform. There was noone else there.

"Captain, what's happening?" Mark asked, his voice muffled.

The Captain sighed hard and closed their eyes.