Chapter 12: Foundation Day

"EARTH on you..."

I was taken back from spacing out when someone spoke in front of me. I frowned when it's one of the Class A.

"Is there some detective novels here? I thought it'll be delivered today..." That Neon asked.

"Yeah, already have. Just check it in the bookshelves" I shortly said.

"Thanks..." He replied and left.

"How about animated books?" The guy named Rinzuki asked too.

"We have..." Ervene replied when he suddenly arrived.

"Can I borrow?" He seriously asked.

Ervene tap his fingers on the counter and nod.

"Don't worry, I'll return it safe and sound..." Ervene just nodded again and left.

I sighed and ruffled my hair when I remembered about the box. I don't know if that box was intended for me...

"Hi. You're spacing out..." Christopher showed up and stood beside me in the counter.

"Am I?" I asked.

"Yeah, you seem upset..." He said while arranging the books.

"No, I'm not..."

"Is it about your lovelife? Don't worry, you can still find a guy for you"

"Yeah I know..." I just agreed to him.

I don't wanna tell anyone about the box, even with my friends...

"Before, five girls already came in my life but no one stayed..." He chuckled bitterly.

"Is that so?" I amusedly asked.

He seem to be a nice guy, good-looking and have a well-toned body.

"Yeah, just sharing. You're not alone, so cheer up..."

I chuckled. Well, he is right but my problem is not about lovelife, it's about my lifethreat...

"Chris, Erickson needs help..." Ervene called when he showed up again.

"Sure..."

Both of them left and started fixing the lights at the big glass were pastries will be presented.

Suddenly, a phone with a frog keychain rang at the counter. I checked it wondering who owned the phone, someone is calling on it.

I'm about to get the phone when someone stopped me and get the phone and keychain. It was Ervene.

"Personal property..." He said and went out to answer the call.

Minutes after I decided to went out too. My friends were still checking for additional designs and some were out to buy the needed materials.

Because I can't concentrate, I decided to stroll around.

Everyone were very busy. The senior years were rushing for preparations while the other years were in there classes.

I regretted going out when I sense that someone is watching me. I looked around but I can't recognize where.

The crowd of students were the only one around. It's because of the box that made me feel paranoid.

I halted when I saw Mr.Chains with Mr. Lecero. I slightly bowed at them and about to pass across when Mr. Chains spoke.

"It's been awhile Ms. Valdez. How are you?" He approached.

"Here, still finding ways to leave this school..." I lied.

He laughed and just shook his head while looking at me. Mr. Lecero was just silently eyeing us.