Which had been shattered. "I asked everyone at school to lay off you, and leave you alone." He muttered. "Wow, how chivalrous of you, how did you achieve that?" I sarcastically exclaimed and the guilt flooded his face. "God, and here I had hope for you, fuck you Ryder Edwards!" I pressed my palms on his chest and pushed him away harshly. "Jack, listen to me, Jack!" He called out but I ignored him marching away.

In my dramatic stomp away, I spotted Pete in the far crowd and walked straight for him, everyone saw me and greeted me, thanking me for the party, I was polite to wave back and give gratitude back until I reached Pete. "Guys, could you give me and my friend here some alone time?" I asked his friends who all smiled slyly walking away, I could see the lust in their eyes but fear in Pete's when he slightly looked up to me.

"Who do you think you are?" I hissed toward him catching him off guard. "What are you talking about Jack?" He asked, lip quivering, I knew that trick. "Drop the act Pete, I know you told your boyfriend about my past, about what happened, it wasn't your place." I sneered and he jumped taking a few steps back. "Jack you don't get it, I was close to losing Ryder if I didn't tell him the truth, and I feel horrible for telling him what happened but I had no choice." He argued and I snorted shaking my head.

"No choice." I mumbled. "No choice your thin twink ass Pete, you don't get to say shit about my past to anyone without my permission, not your parents, not your friends and especially not Ryder, do you know what he did huh!" I spat and he shook his head. "He told everyone in your little clique." I growled and his face paled.

"Jack I didn't know he would do that, Ryder has been off kilter after he started hanging out with you, I think he just wanted to protect you." He explained trying to calm me. "Fuck his protection Pete, thats my life you so casually spoke about as if you were having pillow talk, I just went through a few gruesome weeks just to deal with the repercussions of my depression and what happened back then so that it wouldn't control me, now look what you've gone and done, everyone knows!" I yelled finally causing a stir with a group of party guests.

"Maybe this isn't the place Jack." Darcy tried to intervene but I held up a finger toward her. "Not today Darcy, he needs to hear this." I turned to Pete who was crying. "I never meant for any of this Jack, if you should blame anyone, blame Ryder." He sniffled. "What?!" Ryder blurted out angrily. "There is plenty of blame to go around Pete honey, but it starts with you and your toxic ass!" I tell him angrily and his eyes pool with more tears.

"Its people like you Pete who can't help being bitter that make the rest of our lives miserable!" I shout gesturing to the crowd. "All you had to do was shut up and keep yourself out of my business but that was too hard for you, you cheated on me and broke up with me, told me I deserved being beaten half to death, do you know what that does to a person who loved you." I accused and he just cried. "Jack, please." Wyatt pleaded. "No, shut up." I growled.

"And as if that wasn't enough you had your buddies, the jocks, the cheerleaders and the popular kids all target me because I was plus size and you wanted to keep your pristine popularity record clean, how dare you Pete, when the bullying started, it wasn't just me they went after, they went after a lot of people here, but look at them now, Amber your sweet best friend and BHS's top mean bitch is here dancing at our party." I went on further as nothing but low music and a crying teen took the space.

"I'm so tired of you meddling in my life Pete and same goes for you Ryder, you had no right to tell anyone about my life, none of you here would be overjoyed to know that everyone knows a dark part of your lives." Everyone nods in support, my friends and even Ryder.

"But Pete and Ryder you found it almost convenient to dry me out, well it makes me sick, especially with you Pete, because I know you did it on purpose, Ryder is every bit as dumb as rocks but I can understand he meant well, you knew, and I wish I had never allowed you into my life." I tell him and he just cries. "Jack I'm so sorry." He pleaded but no one moved to comfort him.

"The door Pete." I pointed toward the doors of the manor. "You're kicking me out." He cried and I said nothing. "Come on Pete, we'll order you an uber." Two of his friends came forward and took him away, I couldn't believe it, I had just openly dished out all the dirty laundry between me and these two and damn it felt good.

Suddenly Beggie Beggie by Ayra Starr began to play, it was my go to song in any situation and Kat who was standing by the dj's desk waved at me, I might half heartedly hate my sister but that was an epic move. "I'm sorry everyone for ruining your eve;" Before I could finish Wyatt hugged. "Oh sugar baby." He cried as Darcy also attached herself to me, Ryder who was still there moved forward and joined the hug.

"Hate me, I don't care." He grumbled as everyone close enough joined our massive hug making me laugh. "Okay everyone, let's go dance!" I yelled and everyone ran to the dance floor, mingled or went straight for the food, I was on the dance floor with Wyatt, Darcy and Ryder.

"I was stupid I admit, but I ain't no chicken to run away because you called me out on my bullshit, I'm just as stubborn and partly unapologetic, so I'm gonna be here proving that I'm sorry about everything." He exclaimed as he danced behind me, I turned to face him with an eye roll. "Like I said toxic." I pointed out and my friends both laughed. "Hey, I didn't know you had it in you, but big bro, Im so proud that I witnessed you read a bitch." Kat spoke up joining our group.

"Kat." I whined and everyone just chuckled. "What, it's true. " She argued. "Never mind, just dance with us, uptown funk you up, uptown funk you up, say what!" Darcy sang loudly and we all joined in. "I'm too hot!" I sang with my friends backing me up. "Make a dragon wanna retire man, I'm too hot." They backed me up as we danced the night away. "Don't believe me just watch!" I screamed with Ryder and my friends trying to contain me but ended up just joining in. "Uptown funk you up!"

Being Jackson.

Somehow this chapter is my favourite yet.

Saint Jay - Uptown Funk You Up by Bruno Mars in my head.

XO