Fancy Prison

Alexi's POV:

Over the next few days I began to get fully adjusted to living with Vincent without any wierd interruptions like a random beach day, an embarrassing lunch, night clubs, or random girls coming over to sleep with the guys I live with. I started to get a bit paranoid after I saw Vince with his first nightmare I'd been checking in on him every night. He acted annoyed but never seemed it. Eventually after I checked in he'd just tell me, 'You're aldready here so just get in bed.'  and then I'd just end up sleeping in his bed with him. It was kind of wierd considering we weren't dating or anything but it helped him out, and honestly if it helped him then I was okay with it. Besides I wasn't uncomfortable so it didn't hurt anyone.

I was alone most of the time too, which sucked. Maria was taking a double at the hospital so it was harder to contact her. I didn't want to finish Haunting Adeline without her either so I did the only thing there was to do left, job searching. I had two degrees since I finished my manditory education early, one in marketing and the other in buisness. I've always wanted to be independant but thanks to Father, that never happened until now. Vincent was always at work, either with his illegal mafia or his perfectly legal company. 

I had applied to at least forty jobs by five o'clock. Marketing mangager, marketing beginner, marketing anylist, I even got so desperate to apply for some assistant job.

I put my phone away after connecting it to my airpods so I could go downstairs and do some stress baking. 

"HEY NICO!" I yelled, I did still owe him for finding my mother's ring. 

"WHAT?" He yelled back, poking his head out of his room.

"I'M BAKING AND YOU GET TO PICK!" Our screaming conversation continued.

"I WANT THAT THING WITH THE PASTERY AND THE CREAM AND THE CHOCOLATE PLEASE!" He requested, I chuckled immedietly recognizing what he was attempting to describe.

"DO YOU MEAN PROFETIROLE?" I asked confirming his highness' request.

"YEP! I LOVE YOU THANKS." He yelled shutting the door.

"LOVE YOU TOO YOUR WELCOME!" I grinned starting to make his pastery. Whipping my batter I sang to myself and danced along to my music.

"I don't really got no tight, just wanna fuck all night." I nodded my head, turning around to see Vince leaning on the door frame.

"It can be arranged." He smirked.

"Oh my fucking god I almost dropped the bowl." I wheezed holding my heart dramatically, "How long have you been standing there?"

"Eh, a minute or two." He shrugged, taking a seat at the island countertop. I pushed the pastery into the oven, I aldready had all the other things ready so the last thing was to get the choux pastery to cook.

"What are you doing?" He asked looking over the counter into the oven.

"Baking." I answered, right before I elabroated I heard a ding on my phone and baisically sprinted to it with a small squeal.

"C'mon, c'mon..." I muttered to myself crossing my fingers, and started scrolling through the replies to my job applications.

1. Rejected- reason: not enough experience

2. Rejected- reason: not enough experience

3. Rejected- reason: age

4. Rejected- reason: not what the said company is looking for

I felt my face fall as I kept reading through the rejected notices, I know I didn't have enough experience and I graduated almost two years ago but I still got my degree with honors on the top of my class.