Matrimony Maccroons

TW: Abuse, language

Alexi POV:

Whack! Whack!

"YOU BITCH!" I crumbled on to the floor as my dad hit me with a tennis racket. Only ten minutes ago I was playing tennis with my oldest brother, Pierre. I just barley missed the ball, letting it fly into my dad's leg.

"Father, please! It was just an accident," I wheezed as he kicked me in my ribs. Tears poured down my face as I glanced up at my brother who was just looking at me. Finally the kicks stopped.

"Next time remember your place, or don't, you are such an idiot I will end up having to show you anyway." Father smirked down at me before tossing the racket and straightening out his suit, walking back inside.

As soon as he left I felt Pierre's arms lifting me up.

"Sœr.. come on let's get you cleaned up." He whispered holding me up so I didn't fall. I hissed in pain as we trotted to the kitchen. He lifted me up and placed me on the counter, carefully tending to my wounds.

I looked at his serious face and couldn't help but laugh.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?" He looked up raising an eyebrow, a small smile breaking on his face as well.

"It's so stupid how serious and uptight you are now, remember how dumb you were when we were kids?" I grinned remembering how we would play like monkeys before father roped Pierre into training and all the other stuff. Then just on que, two more pairs of footsteps came into the room, only to belong to my other two older twin brothers. Milo and Theo, they were the muscle in the family. 

"Oh for fuck's sake again?" Milo groaned seeing me in my battered state before glaring at  Pierre for "not defending me," not like they would either. The four of us were deadly scared of Father, I never blamed them for not trying to stand up for me. The last time I talked back during one of Father's beatings, I was thrown into the basement.

"Pierre, we have to talk about-" Theo spoke up after Milo calmed down, he stopped midway only to glance at me before looking back at Pierre. It was like they were having an entire conversation with their eyes and I hated it. 

"You know I'm right here yes? Sac a dos (douchebags)" I glared at the three of them.

"Sorry petite sœr, but this is your little surprise." Theo smiled at me. I looked at Pierre and Milo, it was obvious that I was going to hate this- alot. 

I hopped off the counter and trotted up stairs, careful not to lean on the railings and make sound. I walked up to my prison cell of a bedroom and collapsed on the bed, wincing a bit when I hit the mattress. There was a little bed in the corner with a mocha duvet and white pillows, on the other side of the bed was my bookshelf. I filled it up not too long ago so the rest of my books were stacked beside it. Opposite to the bookshelf was a mini kitchen. As I walked up to my speaker to play my music my mind wandered to my brothers. What surprise were those too idiots talking about, we moved here from France and I kept all of their little french-girls secret and they won't tell me about this stupid surprise? Connerie (bullshit). I sighed and walked to the oven in my room, Mami somehow convinced Father to let me have an oven in my room so I wouldn't have to go downstairs to do my baking. Back when we first made our presence known in this lovley city called New York we had to deal with tons of break ins and other crap. It wasn't safe for their princess, besides it was best when Father was in a mood. I started to whip up my maccroons and hummed to my music blasting in the room. I danced around in my baggy shirt and sweatpants whisking my batter as I did. 

CRASH!

I flinched, almost dropping the bowl hearing the loud crash downstairs. Right now in my mind there were only two options. I either went downstairs to get a glass of water, or I stay in here. Giving in to my curiosity I crept downstairs to see Pierre and Father glaring at eachother like two lions in a cage.

"Pere! You can't marry her off! She is barley 20 years of age. Beating her is one thing bet selling her to that MANIAC!" Pierre growled, a vase, now shattered circled the two. I couldn't believe Pierre was talking like this to Father, my legs started to barley shake as I listened for what was to happen next.

"My son, I understand that you care for you sister which is the only reason that I am not throwing you in the basement at this very momment. After all, she is a bitch with some kind of value to this family. I mean when you look at her you see a sweet, innocent girl non? Yet look at how she behaves, if not for me she would be a spoiled witch. She must remain in her place for the good of the family. Now if you continue to disobey me, I'm sure you know what will happen to that darling sister of yours." Father spit out, his voice like venomous icing on a cake. "She will marry Mr. Gallo, our families will be united, and she will continue to be put in her place." 

I felt like I was going to shatter, marrige? I couldn't marry! I was 20 years old, I had dreams! Least of all to the Gallo's? To their son? I was going to leave one nightmare and get trapped in another. No, no, I can't let this happen. I quietly retreated back into my lovley cramped prison cell and took out my laptop. Mr. Gallo can't marry someone who isn't there. My fingers clicked accross the keyboard as I searched for plane tickets. I am going home, and I will figure out my shit from there. 

Tears dropped into my lap, I couldn't believe this was happening. I wasn't ready to get married to another phycotic mafia, I just couldn't. I sniffled and wiped my tears away, these tears are just water, they won't help nor fix anything. I booked my flight under my best friend's name, she would understand I would pay her back in no time. 

I quickly went into my small closet, pulling out a small lunchbox. I opened it and just as I expected, it was filled to the brim with USD. This can give me a decent life in France. Immidietly I started to pack a bag, the flight was tomorrow afternoon and the airport was almost 6 hours from here. If I wanted to make it I had to leave tonight.