Then the bidding war between multiple men began, and I started freaking out more than I was, especially when the bids were getting higher and how the speed of the bids were being thrown out there. And when I didn't hear Callum's voice fighting for me, and the bids were growing in the millions, I nearly threw up on stage.

And it was because I knew the bidding was going back and forth between two men, and because I had no idea who was bidding. I tried listening and looking to see who they were, but the voices were so faint, I couldn't place them, not to mention with as packed as the room was. All I saw were hands raising in the air for each bid.

All I hoped for was that Callum decided to finally show, and it was him bidding against another man, fighting to keep me all to himself.

Then I got numb when the bidding ended at fifty million and nearly passed out on stage until I saw Callum storm onto the stage with fire in his eyes—that moment, I knew I was in trouble—deep, deep trouble.

Trent's plan worked, but it instantly made me feel guilty that I cost Callum fifty million so that he could have an hour of my time to explain to me something I should have allowed him to clarify three weeks prior—without it costing him a penny. And even though he said he doesn't want the money I cost his checkbook, I'll still give him, returning his money of what I earned from the auction whether he likes it or not. I didn't do it to make money off him, but for my peace of mind. Also, since my history with men isn't the greatest, and how I was told I wasn't girlfriend material, I needed assurance from Callum that I was worthy of his love and being a billionaire's girlfriend.

Now that Callum told me why he'd flinch, make faces, and his mood changes whenever I told him ditto after he'd told me he loved me, it has me feeling like the biggest bitch on the planet. I should have realized there was a reason behind his hate for that word just by his expressions and demeanor afterward. And because I felt guilty for repeating something Victoria would tell him, I gave Callum a blowjob on the way to his place—my new home.

It was my way of apologizing for overreacting, not giving him a chance to tell his side of the story, and not telling him I loved him when I did.

Then when we got to Callum's house, instead of him giving me what he wanted to give me, we ended up in his bed, where he was doing as he promised he'd do—making love to me. It wasn't boring as he said it would be—it was magical, slow, bittersweet, and so romantic I repeatedly orgasmed without him trying to give me one. The way his cock slid against my clit, and how his cock slowly moved inside me, the walls of my pussy feeling every inch of his dick, overstimulated me—giving me orgasm after orgasm after orgasm, and I couldn't be more satisfied right now with this choice of his for makeup sex.

"I love you, Callum," I whispered.

His mouth fell on mine, softly, slowly, passionately kissing me, helping the butterflies continue assaulting my belly. His hips paused when he left my mouth and looked me dead in the eye when he confessed, "I love you, too, Eloise. More than I'd ever loved anyone. And that's a fact." His mouth lowered, and he kissed my lips before saying, "Just promise me from now on, you'll never take off again. Come to me first if I've done something to upset you."

"I promise. After all, communication is key to a healthy relationship, is it not?"

"It is. And I'll admit, it's something I need to work on. I'm sorry, Eloise." He kissed my lips again. "I never should have told you I went to Oregon for work. I should have told you my intentions for being there from the start. It'll never happen again. I also never should have hidden who I was after I figured out you were the woman I slept with in Florida. From this moment on, there will be no more secrets, no more lies, and no more giving you reason not to trust me. You're my girl, the woman of my dreams, my person, and believe it or not. But you're the love of my life. And I will never do you wrong ever again. I want you to remain in my life forever. Which means I want to grow old with you."