Merit, Equality (Basically meeting Manabu)

Kirito - "This scene takes place after the study group formed by Horikita with the help of Ayanokouji was disbanded."

AYANOKOJI (POV)

I couldn't seem to fall asleep, so I got up and exited my room.

In the lobby, I bought some juice from the vending machine and went back to the elevator.

"Hmm?"

The elevator was on the 7th floor. Feeling curious, I looked at the CCTV monitor of the inside of the elevator. It was Horikita in her school uniform.

Ike - "What were you doing in your school uniform, Horikita-chan? -And that late at night?"

"Maybe she was going to meet her boyfriend...?" One of the students jokingly, but a little suggestively said. It was hard to tell who said it so horikita wasn't able to use her compass, but she did gave out a murderous aura by which everyone felt shivers running back in their spine; with the exception of certain students, of course.

"... Well, there's no need to hide myself, but..."

Hiyori - "That is true. Why were you hiding, Ayanokoji-kun?"

Ayanokoji - "I don't know, I just felt like it."

Miyamoto - "What kind of answer is that!?"

Professor - "I guess it's about time we will see the hidden power of the main character, as the typical plot goes..." He said, but everyone ignored him.

I didn't want to particularly face her, so I hid myself behind the vending machine. The elevator reached the first floor.

While being wary of her surroundings, Horikita exited the building. After she disappeared into the dark, I chased after her.

However, I involuntarily hid myself again after turning the corner.

Horikita stopped moving. There was another person's figure.

"Suzune. I didn't think you'd follow me all the way here."

Ike - "Who is he? You guys must be close 'cause he's calling you by your given name right? *gasp* Don't tell me you really had a boyfriend!" Ike the gossipper practically squealed.💅

Horikita - "I didn't have one back then, not do I have one now. That's my brother is all. "

Sudo felt a little happy after hearing that, though unlike him other students had a different reaction to this new information.

Shinohara - "BROTHER!!! I didn't knew you have a brother Horikita-san!"

Onodera -"Yeah! I didn't know anything about it either! Who is your brother anyway? "

Ike- "Yeah! He must be someone amazing if he is your brother! Who is he?"💅💅

Kouenji - "Do you even pay attention on what's going on in your surroundings? Don't you know someone who has same surname as horikita? And if you still don't get then try to think of former student council president." He said.

Except some students almost everyone was suprised after hearing it.

Did she leave at this hour to meet with a boy?

"Ah, I'm different from the useless me that you know. I've come here to catch up to you."

"Catch up to me, huh."

Nii-san? I couldn't see the person she was talking to, but it looks like it's Horikita's older brother.

"I heard that you are in class D; it doesn't seem like anything's changed in the last 3 years. Because you've always been looking at my back, you've never been able to see your own flaws. Choosing to come to this school was another one of your mistakes."