Chapter Fourteen - Kise Ryota

~~~ Now playing: Call Me What You Like by Lovejoy ~~~

~~~Play/Pause ~~~

Third POV:

"Amethie-chii! Come play a game with us!" Came the voice of Kise Ryota. Amethyst shook her head and continued to read her book.

"Amethie-chiiiiiiiiiiii! Come ooooonnnn! Play with us!" The blonde shouted again.

"Kise. I'm reading, I can't play." Amethyst replies, waving her book at the boy. She was sitting cross legged on the floor of the outdoor basketball court. The others, Kuroko, Akashi, Kise, Midomida, Aomine and Murasakibara, were playing basketball. They were practising on their passes and teamwork for the next match they had.

"What are you even reading anyway? What could be more interesting than me!?" Kise cries, feigning sadness.

"The Yorkshire Ripper is." Amethyst says, her voice dead without emotion and a roll of her eyes.

"WHO'S THE YORKSHIRE RIPPER?! ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?! AMETHIE-CHI!" The blonde whines, crying at the thought of another man in your life.

"We aren't even together, kleiner stern. I don't think I can cheat on you with the Yorkshire Ripper, anyway." ('Kleiner stern' means 'little star' in German. Amethyst speaks a variety of languages, including German, English, Japanese, French and Spanish)

"WHat does that even MEEEEAAAAN!? You can't just keep calling me something in a different language! A language I don't even speak!" Kise whined again, complaining.

"If you ask nicely then I might just tell you what it means."

Kise pouted. "Just tell meee!"

"Beg for it."

Kise jumped over to Amethyst quickly and got down on his knees. "PLEAAASEEEE! PLEASE TELL ME! I BEG!"

"Yo, Kise. You look like an idiot. Why's it that important that she tell you what it means, anyway?"

"SHE COULD BE SAYING HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT ME! THAT'S WHY!"

"Jeez, stop shouting. I'm literally standing right here, behind you."

"It's German, Kise. I'm calling you little star. Because you always make fun of my height and you're yellow, like a star."

"Wha- AWWW THAT'S SO CUTE! AMETHIE-CHI!" Kise cried. He clung onto Amethyst's shoulder, knocking the book out of her hands. She tuts at him and pats his head.

"Why do you know German?" Kuroko asked, tilting his head in curiosity.

Amethyst sighs, seeing that she wouldn't be getting any peace to read today. "I've spent my entire life being homeschooled by my brother. He thought it would be good for me to know other languages just in case we ever need to move again."

"That's actually pretty cool. What else do you speak?" Aomine questioned, plopping himself down on the other side of her and resting his head on Amethyst's other shoulder. Amethyst wrapped her free arm around him and patted his head too.

"I speak English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian and German fluently. I speak Italian too, but I'm not fluent in it. I speak some Mandarin too and some Gaelic, but I'm not that good."

The three other boys strolled over and sat themselves down in front of her, Akashi sitting cross legged by Aomine and Midomida sat himself down by Kise. Murasakibara just collapsed onto the floor in front of Amethyst, resting his head on her lap. She took her hand from Kise's head - to which he protested against - and grabbed a chocolate bar from her bag to give to Murasakibara. Kuroko remained standing.