Chapter Six - Ahh, Bandage!

~~~ Now playing: Puppy Princess by Hot Freaks ~~~

~~~Play/Pause ~~~

Third POV:

The group were sat on the floor of the park. Aomine had passed out from hitting his head so hard, so Amethyst immediately got a bandage roll and some plaster from out of her bag and lay Aomine on her lap.

It was around 6 in the evening now, but because of the changing times, the sky was still somewhat light. They also had the light of a lamppost that stood stoic nearby, having just turned on a little too early.

"I can't believe he's done this..." Muttered Akashi, the disappointment clear in his voice. He made no attempt to cover it up, even though his friend was hurt.

"Don't be silly or mean, Akashi. Aomine just wanted to mess around, and you can't blame him either! I mean, this park is awesome enough for even high school students to want to mess around in." Amethyst scolded, a smile reaching her eyes for the first time that any of them had seen. She looked like a star, truly stunning.

She cleaned Aomine's wounds with some kind of liquid.

"What's that?" Asked Murasakibara, showing interest in what was happening for the first time.

"It's sterilising alcohol. It's used to treat wounds. I carry it around with me in my first aid kit in my bag, just in case something like this ever happens. I want to be a doctor when I grow up." Amethyst replied, smiling at the titan. He may seem lazy, but he definitely had a curiosity that made the girl smile. He responded in kind, grinning at the girl and patted her head.

"I like you Amethie-chin."

"I like you too, Murasakibara!"

The others noticed Murasakibara's use of Amethyst's first name. Strange for him to already like her so much to use it, and furthermore even stranger for him to already use a nickname for her.

Amethyst continued to fix the boy on her lap head up. She brought some plasters out of a green kit, and carefully stuck them to his injury. She began gently but tightly wrapping a white bandage around his head so it wouldn't fall off. As she did so, the others stared in awe at how gentle the girl's hands were around the injury, making sure she didn't hurt Aomine any more. She was done.

A few minutes passed and Aomine slowly woke up. His head shifted in Amethyst's lap, dark eyes fluttering open to be greeted with a soft smile of the girl he just injured himself trying to impress.

"AHHH!"

"Careful now Aomine. You might hurt yourself more. Have some painkillers, I'm sure you already have enough of a bad headache from hitting your noggin' so hard!"

The boy winced. She was right, he had a horrible headache. He must have face planted the floor so hard he knocked just about all of his brain cells out! He thought to himself, smiling up at the kind girl through the pain.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll have them." Aomine replied to her, standing up.

He wobbled a little, but Amethyst latched herself onto his arm so he could keep his composure.

The group began to walk home, making jokes about how Aomine plunged to the ground after doing a sloppy flip off the swing.

"Hey! Leave me alonnnne. I'm an injured man." The boy whined, his voice all high pitched, blushing from embarrassment. He didn't want to seem weak in front of Amethyst, did he! How dare they try to embarrass him in front of her! What friends would do that?