Pilot

Gabriel was no stranger to the conception of souls. They didn't surprise him anymore, most souls tended to be the same. Hermione Granger's, however, was a brilliant and bright soul that was a marvel to behold. All divine white light with warm red pagan magic woven throughout. The magic was gifted to her ancestors by Hecate. The Children of Hecate had grown numerous as time passed on, and as that time passed they had forgotten their origins. Only select few families still practiced their traditions and rituals, celebrating and worshiping the Old gods and goddesses. Gabriel was about to steal one of Hecate's children...not physically, of course, but spiritually. He needed to change the future he was from. He had searched through many, many souls before he decided on this one. Hermione was going to be so powerful and intelligent, she was perfect for the job he needed her to do. Gabriel took hold of her soul as her body was being born. He reached behind himself, closing his eyes and grimacing as he plucked one of his feathers from his noncorporeal wings. A large, golden feather that shimmered with an iridescent, ethereal golden glow. He chuckled as her soul writhed within his unwavering grip.

She was a fighter this one, for sure. He placed his feathers within the heart of her soul, watching the gold feather gently weave throughout the red magic and the pure white threads of her soul. The threads braided together the new pieces in her soul to the red and white ones. Thankfully, her soul survived the ancient, powerful archangel grace and accepted it, bonding all these colours together to form a now intensely burning, bronze radiant soul. He felt the connection immediately, her magic and soul bonding to him as it had done to her. His eyes burned the same colour as hers as he took in the new connection and flood of new power and energy. Tying his grace to a human was like giving himself an almost infinite energy supply. Powered by literal suns now. He felt it attach to the part of himself that was the pagan god, Loki, and he smirked. Of course the hedonistic, pagan god in him attached to her as well. Claiming her as his, giving himself a power up from her soul. Gabriel shook his head and refocused on his task at hand. He placed a mark on her soul as well as his grace. Any god, celestial, or powerful enough demonic, being would be able to look and see his claim to her and the mark. She was a "Saviour of Destiny" now...whatever the hell that is going to mean. He didn't even know himself yet. He used his newfound strength from her soul to do this. He wasn't sure what this would mean for her—he would need to consult with Fate and he probably should have done that prior to this but it was too late to change it. His grace would not be able to be removed from Hermione. He would be patient, and wait to see how this new soul would help the Winchester brothers, and save the world from the timeline a demise he had come from.