Chapter 9

It's been 7 years since Luke asked me to be his girlfriend. 7 wonderful years. Today we're going to a fancy restaurant. He seems figity. I wonder why. We're driving the right now in my cherry red Ferrari, yes I still have it and he loves it. That's the only reason I kept it instead of upgrading.
We get to the restaurant and order. We're well into our meal when Luke starts to look nervous again.
"Luke, babe. What's wrong?" He doesn't answer. But he does stand up and gets down on one knee like when he asked me to be his girlfriend.
"Kelly. This day 7 years ago I asked you to be my girlfriend. And I only thought it to be appropriate to ask you to take the next step on this day. Your absolutely beautiful. I shouldn't be the one to have you in my arms every day for the way I treated you before. But you said yes anyway. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" By the end I had tears in my eyes. I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded my head. He slipped the ring on the same ring that the promise ring was on and moved the promise ring to my middle finger. Everyone around cheered us on as we left after paying of course. We went home and told everyone. They were so happy, you could see it in their eyes. Matthew, Karry, Snow and my father glared but you could easily see they were happy for us.

It's been 63 years since then. Luke and I are still going strong. We have had 5 kinds together. Two sets of twins and our little girl. Macie is the only girl among Matthew Micky Zachary and Zero. They are all super protective of her. Michaels still tells me how beautiful I am everyday and he always takes me on romantic getaway a since the kids aren't home. About every week he buys me flowers of my favorite kind. Poppies.

We're looking down upon our kids right now. With Matthew Karry Snow and my father and mother. Karry and Snow died in each other's arm just like Luke and I. On our 99th year.