Chapter 4 - Recovery

As (First) was getting towards the end of his hospital stint, he started to get more comfortable. Still banged up, yet tackling the tasks in front of him. Deep breaths or a cough didn't hurt anymore. Thanks to Sakura's healing. His last day he was stretching his stiff muscles and joints. Sitting up instead of laying down. His last day of rest before getting back to normal and slowly ramping it up.

Going through a ninja book and manual about the clone and replacement types of jutsu, he was reading through on the shadow clone jutsu as Sakura walked in.

"You're a fast healer." Smiled Sakura.

"I said I was going to give you my best. Still more to do Nurse Blossom." (FN) looked up from his book.

"Anything good in there?" She pondered.

"Lord Hokage's shadow clones and how as a genin he mastered the jutsu when it is usually ranked for jonin level. I just want to try and use it while working on the chakra transferring."

"Trying it for yourself?" Sakura was interested. Been a while for her.

"I have. Although I wasn't going to use energy playing around with the staff here and using my strength when I could get better instead. The thing I learned Sakura is you have the correct chakra balance where as majority of people use too much. The tree climbing exercise I remember us pressing into the wood and pushing us off. And then Kakashi Sensei when we bumped into him at a book store told us you did that exercise before Lord Hokage and Uchiha." He chuckled. "He must be an interesting guy."

"For pleasure and pain." Sighed Sakura. "He's a pain at times."

"He really wants everyone to figure out his riddles called regular sentences. Iruka told us all about him." He kept laughing. "How'd you do it?"

"Keeping the boys in line and prepare better." She giggled.

"Fair enough. Tall order."

"So (First), what are you going to be up when you get released tomorrow and you have to take C and D missions?" Asked Sakura.

"Even C's it depends on which, right?" He nodded. "Going to just get some air, appreciate the village that is slowly becoming much more than a village, treat myself to a meal here and there, me and the guys will cook, see how Sensei(s) are doing. Maybe even have a nice dinner with a nice woman if I'm lucky. You never know."

"Single?" Sakura turned to her side popping the question. The conversation she had with Nurse Heidi had her mind wandering with different thoughts. 

"That I am. All three of my genin squad are actually. There have been some nice women in our travels but it would be nice to be home and be stable with someone. But I can't blame that regular people wouldn't want to date a ninja." He answered.

"Depends on who you speak of?" Sakura thought about it. Deep down she knew. Sometimes it could be months and then finding out that one doesn't come back home from the squad mission. Rough. Happened to Asuma. Father of Mirai. Kurenai misses him daily. Even if they didn't have a child his lose was brutal. "It isn't for everyone."

"Is it true nurses only date nurses or those that are in medical?" He questioned.

"Some, do? I mean, I can't say." Sakura felt a blush. "I don't know."

"Thought I would give it a shot I guess. You know when they saw there is that crush feeling or that spark? I can't say I remember it."

"Crush..." Sakura looked down. "It's how it starts, isn't it?"

"Sometimes it's how they make you feel. Outside of work. For work I'm a ninja. And what code there is different. As you're a nurse, well on paper you're supposed to take care of the patient. You've been great to me. Then outside work, I don't know. Charm? Good looks? There's a lot of that. How does one pick them apart?"