Happy Ending?? - Part 5

Thank you for all the love for part 4. Please keep commenting and voting on this part as well. This will be the last part of this story. Also, please suggest ideas for new ffs. So, here is part 5.

Finally, let's begin ....

Nimrit spent the entire night sobbing, contemplating her decision. Memories of cherished moments spent with Shiva filled her mind. The thought of seeing Shiva marry someone else tore her heart apart. However, she realized that if she ever wanted to mend their broken relationship, she had to accept his condition. She couldn't let him go again. She had to face her fears and find the courage to confront her past, so she decided to attend the engagement ceremony.

On the day of the ceremony, she stood in front of the mirror, taking a deep breath to calm her racing heart. She wore a simple yet elegant saree, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. She looked stunning, but her eyes revealed the sadness she was carrying within. She arrived at the venue, her heart pounding with every step she took. She recalled her past with Shiva and felt a mix of anticipation and dread about what would happen next. She wanted nothing more than to turn back and go home. But she knew this was the only chance she had to salvage her friendship with Shiv.

As soon as she entered the venue, all the lights went out. She was scared and couldn't understand what was happening. Suddenly, a halo light appeared and stopped on her. As she tried to make sense of the situation, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Recognizing him as her Shiva, she turned around and received the surprise of a lifetime. Her Shiva was kneeling on one knee in front of her with a ring in his hand. He looked dapper than ever. She couldn't make head or tail of it; she was completely stumped.

Nimrit – Shiva, ye sab kyaa ho raha hai, she asked barely able to breathe.

Shiv – Namya, will you marry me?

She was stunned and just froze in her place. She felt her heartbeats racing. Struggling to gather words to form a sentence, she felt as if she had forgotten how to speak.

Shiv – Shaadi karegi mujhse, he asked making a cute little puppy face.

Nimrit – I don't understand what is happening, she said, her heart palpitating. Shiva, can you explain what's going on? she asked in a barely audible whisper.

Shiv – Sab bataunga, par pehle mere sawal kaa jawab toh de. Pair dard karne laga hai mera Namya, aur kitna time aise baithe rahunga, he asked laughlingly.

Nimrit – Of course I will marry you, Shiva. Ye bhi koi puchne ki baat hui, she said as tears of joy ran down her cheeks.

She heard people clapping around her, and soon all the lights at the venue were back on. She was awestruck to see the whole venue decorated in the most elegant manner possible, with lots of candles and her favorite flowers. All of their closest relatives and friends were present, clapping at the proposal. Shiv was about to put a ring on her finger, but she stopped him and made him stand up.

Nimrit – Nahi Shiva, pehle mujhe sab sach janna hai, she asked curiously.

Shiv – Kitni ziddi ladki hai re tu, he laughed. Accha baba, pehle sab bata deta hu tujhe. Us raat maine jab tujhe call kiya tha, uske pehle mujhe tere papa kaa call aaya tha. Tune Sumbya se promise karvaaya tha ki vo mujhe kuch sach naa bole, so she called your dad instead and asked him to tell me the true story behind our breakup.

Nimrit – Sums, tu bhi naa ...

Shiv – Usko kyuu daat rahi hai, usne jo kiya sahi kiya. I'm sorry, Namya, I misjudged you. Us din maine bahot bura bhala kaha tujhe, you had tears in your eyes because of me, he said ashamed of himself. After you broke up with me, I tried to hate you with all my heart but failed every single time. I could never stop loving you. I hated myself at the time, but after talking to your dad, I understood my heart was right all along. I love you, Namya, and I would love to spend the rest of my life with you.