Misunderstanding - Part 1

Thank you for all the love and support for the first story. Hope you'll like this one as well. Please keep commenting, it gives me the motivation to write something new. This story will be a short one as I was busy with some work, so didn't get the chance to write much. So, here is part 1.

Finally, let's begin ....

Shiv was throwing a party to celebrate his successful endeavor in BB16 and buying his 1st new car. He had invited everyone from BB16 and a few other guests who had supported him during BB. Assume Shiv and Nimrit were already dating during this time. Shiv, being the gentleman, was coming to pick up and drop off every guest to their cars that attended his party. A lot of guests had come and gone, but the person he was dying to meet was yet to arrive. Nimrit had informed him earlier that she was going to be late to the party as she had a photoshoot at the same time. Saundarya had just arrived and while they were clicking pictures for the media portals, someone from the media asked Shiv about Nimrit's whereabouts.

Shiv – Aa rahi hai Nimrit bhi, bass usko thoda late hoga.

Saundarya – Actually Shiv, Nimrit ko possible nahi hai aana, she just called me and told me to inform you that she can't make it to your party tonight.

Shiv's face fell instantly, he was really hurt. But the thing that hurt him the most was that his Namya didn't inform him personally that she wasn't going to make it to the party and he had to hear it from Saundarya that too in front of the whole media. He was really mad at her for not informing him personally. 'Kyaa mai itna unimportant hu iske liye ki ye ladki mujhe khudse nahi aa rahi vo inform bhi nahi kar sakti? Itna for granted kaise le sakti hai ye mujhe?', he thought to himself. While all these thoughts were going on at the back of his mind, he smiled through the pain as he was posing for the paps.

Shiv entered the venue with Saundarya. But as soon as he entered, Sumbul noticed that something was wrong with Shiv.

Sumbul – Arre Shiv, kyaa hua tumko? Aisa chehra latkake kyuu ghum rahe ho? Aur Nimrit kaha hai, mujhe laga vahi aa rahi hogi abhi.

Shiv – Nahi aa rahi hai vo party me.

Sumbul – Accha, isliye mood off ho Rakha hai tumhara?!

Shiv – Nahi, vo baat nahi hai. Mujhe is baat kaa bura nahi lag raha ki vo nahi aayi, mai jaanta hu vo busy thi, par at least mujhe khud call karke toh inform kar sakti thi. Mujhe Saundarya se samjha ki vo aaj nahi aane wali.

Sumbul – Tera phone nahi lag raha hoga, isliye Saundarya ko bataya hoga. Aise on purpose thodi tujhe bina bataye plan cancel karegi vo?

Shiv – Yaar pata nahi, kabhi kabhi lagta hai she's embarrassed of me. Vo hamesha humare koi bhi publicly milne ke plans avoid karti hai. She makes sure that we are not spotted together. Paps ko toh pata bhi nahi hai ki we are dating, unke nazar me toh hum as "friends" hi mil rahe hai, but still, she avoids every public appearance of us together.

Sumbul – Kyaa bakwaas kar raha hai? You know this isn't true.

Shiv – Isn't it though? Vo Shantanu (Nimrit's ex) ke saath abhi bhi as dost pics post karti hai, par kyaa mere saath wale koi pics karti hai kabhi post? Humare bhi toh posts share kar sakti hai as "Just Friends". Naa khud koi pics share karti hai aur naa mujhe karne deti hai. Toh ye sabka kyaa matlab hota hai, that she doesn't want to be seen with me, because she's embarrassed!

Sumbul – Aisa kuch nahi hai re Shiv, you're majorly overthinking about this small incident.

Shiv – Maybe. Chod yaar, mujhe nahi sochna is sabke baare me abhi. Let's enjoy the party!!

They have a blast for the rest of the party. Shiv receives multiple calls from Nimrit during that time but intentionally ignores them. Then he goes ahead and poses with all the ladies at the party while dropping them off, and even flirts with a few in front of paps just to make his Namya feel jealous because he knew she will be watching all these videos whenever she'll be free.

He finally calls her back from his car while traveling back to his place after the party.

Nimrit – Ek phone nahi utha sakta tha mera Shiva? Kitni baar call kiya hai maine tujhe?!

Shiv – Busy tha mai thoda, toh dhyaan nahi gaya phone pe, he lied.

Nimrit – Haa dekha maine kyaa karne me busy tha vo. Baaki ladkiyo se flirt karne se fursat mile toh mera phone dekhega naa tu, she said angrily.

Shiv – Aisa kuch nahi hai, he said while enjoying her possessiveness.

Nimrit – Accha, aisa kuch nahi hai toh mere hote hue vo ladkiyonko chipakne ki kyaa jarurat thi?!

Shiv – Nimrit yaar, call kyuu kiya tha vo bata. Mai bahot thak gaya hu, varna kal baat karte hai.

Nimrit – Tu mujhe Nimrit kabse bulane laga?

Shiv – Kyaa hum kal baat kare? Mera abhi mood nahi hai.

Nimrit – Aise kyuu baat kar raha hai mujhse? Mai jaanti hu tu mere upar gussa hai, par meri baat toh sun le ...

Shiv – Mujhe abhi nahi sunna kuch. Kal baat karte hai. Byee.

And he cut the call as he was still mad at her. Nimrit was also upset as he wasn't ready to listen to her and he cut the call so abruptly. But she thought of convincing him the next day.

Every morning Shiv called Nimrit to hear her voice first thing in the morning, but the next day she didn't receive any call from her Shiva. So, she called him, as she knew he was upset, but he didn't pick up her call. She thought to herself that he might be sleeping in late today due to last night's party and decided to call later, as she had to leave for a Sikh Aid Foundation charity event. She called him after the event, at around 3-4 pm in the afternoon, but still, her calls went directly to voicemail. So, she called Rohit (Shiv's manager).

Rohit – Haa bolo Nimrit, kuch kaam tha kyaa?

Nimrit – Vo Shiv phone nahi utha raha tha, isliye socha tumko puchu vo kaha hai?

Rohit – Mai aur Kshitij Goa jaa rahe hai event ke liye aur Shiv hume directly raatko join karne wala hai. Hum by road jaa rahe hai isliye pehle nikle, vo directly flight se aane wala hai.

Nimrit – Accha, par abhi kaha hai fir Shiva?

Rohit – Vo shayad Heena (Shiv's bff from BBM) yaa Naina (Shiv's ex from BBM) se milne jaane wala hai aise kuch bola tha. Actually, mai galat bhi ho sakta hu, kyuu ki bahot range kaa issue ho raha tha hume, toh thikse kuch sunayi nahi diya. Aap please galat fehmi mat kijiye, kyuu ki mujhe sacchi kuch thikse sunayi nahi de raha tha.

Nimrit just cut the call after listening to this. She couldn't believe her ears, how could a small misunderstanding lead to this, she thought to herself. After this conversation, she literally felt her heart in her mouth ....

Guys, this is it for part 1. Let me know what you thought about it. I'll update part 2 very soon. Please suggest if any changes are required. And give ideas for the next stories.

Till then, khup saara prem, Ganpati Bappa Moryaa!!