The Beginning - Part 3

Thank you for all the love and suggestions for part 2. Please keep commenting on this part as well. Aai Shapath, your suggestions are incredibly valuable to me. So, here is part 3.

Finally, let's begin ....

On the day of the Colors party, Nimrit called Sumbul to ask if she was going to travel alone to the party. Sumbul answered exactly as planned.

Sumbul – Nahi re, mere saath Saniya bhi aane wali hai aaj, Shiv aur Rohit (Shiv's manager) hume humare gharse pick karne wala hai, fir hum saathme hi aayenge.

Nimrit – Accha, Shiv se baat hua tera, mujhe laga vo busy hai, kyuu ki pichle 2 dinose kuch baat hi nahi hua hai humara.

Sumbul – Arre vo kaha busy, kal shaamko Stan ke gharse hi call kiya tha usne mujhe, fir dono bhi kitna time masti kar rahe the mere saath. Mujhe toh laga tha ki Shiv ne sabse pehle tumhe hi pucha hoga, fir tujhe possible nahi hoga uske saath jaana isliye fir mujhe pucha hoga.

Nimrit felt really sad listening to this, as she was assuming he was busy with some work, but here he had time for all the mandali members except for her. She had been feeling very distant from him for the past couple of days and this just added salt to her wound.

Nimrit – Mujhe toh usne ye tak nahi pucha hai ki mai party ko aa rahi hu ki nahi, toh pick karne ko aane kaa sawal hi nahi uthta. Vo puche bhi kyuu mujhe, mai kaun lagti hu naa uski, she said in a very sad tone.

Sumbul – Aisa kuch nahi hai, bhul gaya hoga tujhe puchna, aise hurt toh nahi karega vo tujhe.

Nimrit – Chod, hum shaamko party me milte hai. Byee honey.

Shiv, Sumbul, and Saniya arrived at the party before Nimrit. They posed for the media and then went inside the venue. Shiv was looking particularly dapper that day, in his well-fitted dark maroon shirt paired with matching black pants and shoes. After all, he did have to impress his Namya.

After some time, Nimrit entered the venue, she looked stunning as well in her blue shimmering minidress. As soon as she entered, she saw Shiva coming in her direction with a huge smile on his face, which made her very happy. She thought he was coming to greet her and so, even she moved forward in his direction. But something quite unexpected happened, he completely ignored her and walked past her as if she was invisible to greet Priyanka who was standing behind her. They greeted each other with a long warm hug which made Nimrit feel this huge knot of unease in her stomach. But she decided to look past it as she thought Shiv might not have seen her, so she went ahead and joined Sumbul, Stan, and Saniya, who were standing in a corner watching this drama unfold.

Though Nimrit was physically present with her mandali members, her eyes and mind were following Shiva's every action. After greeting Priyanka, he gave a tight oxygen hug to Sree, danced with his dancing partner Tina, fooled around with Saundarya and Archana, and then was back to chatting and teasing Priyanka. Her Shiva's mingling with the other ladies and not even once looking at her was making her very upset. 'Was she really that unimportant to him?', she thought to herself. His tonight's behavior was really bothering her. Her train of thought was disturbed by Sumbul who was shaking her to get her attention.

Sumbul – Oyye, kaha khoyi ho tum? Mai jo kuch bhi bol rahi thi vo suna bhi kyaa tumne?

Nimrit – Sorry, mai apne khayalo me kho gayi thi bichme, kyaa bol rahi thi tum?

Sumbul – Itna kuch important nahi tha. Ulta tum batao kyaa soch rahi thi vo.

Nimrit – Ye Shiv ko aaj humare liye time hi nahi hai lagta hai, kabse apni best friend ke saath hi baitha hai, she said while sadly looking in their direction. Aaj kuch badle badlese nahi lag rahe kyaa Shiv aur Priyanka tumhe, ye dono itne acche dost kab bane? Aur itna pyaar aaya hai achanak se ki dono ke kapde bhi match kar rahe hai. (Priyanka was wearing a dark, maroon-colored slit satin gown which matched the color of Shiv's shirt).

Sumbul – Matching hua nahi hai, dono ne sochke matching kiya hai. Shiv hume car me bata raha tha ki aaj ki uski saari chije Priyanka ne choose ki hai. Uska aaj kaa pura look Priyanka ne decide kiya hai.

Hearing this, Nimrit felt a chill down her spine. She felt as if someone was stealing something very important to her from her. This really angered her and made her restless.

Nimrit – Pure BB me maine iske kapde choose kiye hai, uski masti mazak sehen kiya hai, aur ab achanak ye Priyanka iske liye itni important hogayi. Meri taraf ek baar dekha tak nahi hai aur usko kabse chipakke baitha hai, she said as her nostrils flared in anger.

Stan – Tu itna kay ke liye chid rahi? Bass ek baar hi toh matching kiya dono ne. Aur tu mere bhai ko sirf "dost" maanti naa, toh usko kisi aur ke saath dekhke tujhe itni kyuu chid machti? Itna possessive kay ke liye ho rahi tu?

Nimrit – Toh dost ke liye possessive nahi ho sakte kyaa, mera koi "HAQQ" nahi hai kyaa uspe, she asked while tears welled up in her eyes. Chodo, tum nahi samjhoge.

She ran off to the washroom to hide her tears. But this whole thing that happened tonight made her realize her feelings toward Shiv. She was afraid that she might lose a friend if she confessed but she really loved him and watching him fool around with other ladies was breaking her heart. She understood that she couldn't stand him being with someone else other than her. So, she needed to talk to him as soon as possible but thought about waiting till the party was over, so as not to create a scene during the party.

Stan and Sumbul really felt bad for Nimrit after looking at her, all teared up. So, they called Shiv over to tell him what had happened.

Stan – Bass karte hai re Shiv, tujhe aur kyaa saboot chahiye janne ke liye ki vo tujhse pyaar karti hai.

Sumbul – Haa naa, vo bichari ro rahi hai tumhari vaje se.

Even Shiv felt bad as his Namya was crying because of him.

Shiv – Vo bahar aayegi tab mai usko balcony leke jaata hu aur sab confess kar deta hu, vaha hume thodi privacy bhi milegi. Par thoda darr bhi lag raha hai, naa toh nahi bolegi naa vo?

Stan – Tu sher hai ye baat bhul kaise jaata hai re tu baar baar, he said while laughing. Jo ladki tere liye itna ro rahi hai, vo tujhe naa bolegi aise lag bhi kaise lag sakta hai tujhe.

In the meantime, Nimrit comes out after adjusting her makeup.

Shiv – Arre hi Namya, tu toh dikhi hi nahi aaj, kaha thi tu, he asked trying to avoid eye contact.

Nimrit – Mai toh yahi thi, par teri nazar teri Priyanka se hategi toh mai dikhungi naa, she said very sternly while trying to make eye contact with him.

Shiv – Sorry yaar, mujhe actually tujhse vahi baat karni thi. Kyaa hum dono jara ...

Guys, this is it for part 3. Let me know what you thought about it. I'll update part 4 very soon. Please suggest if any changes are required. And give ideas for the next stories.

Till then, khup saara prem, Ganpati Bappa Moryaa!!