Squid Ink and Candy Diver

*sniff sniff* I SMELL LORE! {only those who watch Franci Magic World knows what I mean}

In the Duskgloom Sea update {a personal favorite of mine} We meet Candy Diver cookie, a lost soul puppeteering there diving suit at the bottom of the sea and our diver friend knew someone who went down there with them who mysteriously vanished.

But Squid Ink, we know they were a real cookie before becoming a squid. Squid ink has several depressing voice lines like "Just a little cookie" and ""

Let's look at Squid ink and Candy Diver's connections; when Squid ink got there magic candy Candy Diver gave it to them in the teaser. Candy Diver was a treasure hunter since there skill involves them diving to the bottom of the sea and pulling out treasure and Squid ink likes grabbing shiny things.

The backstory behind the 2 is full of possibilities, here is how I see it: Candy Diver and Calamari {squid ink before becoming a squid ink} Cookie heard the legend of the Duskgloom sea from House Oyster members at the harbor. The 2 thought they could get rich quick by going to the sea and doing a diving escapade for some gold and jewels. {This adventure might have started a few decades after Black Pearl snapped}.

Candy Diver and Calamari found gold coins and some other stuff underwater before Black Pearl found them. Black Pearl was especially angry with the 2 greedy, foolish, children who dared enter the waves- the 2 were probably the first to dive under the waters and everyone who came before was sailors exploring the islands.

Black pearl does mention in the story the last person to enter her cave was the foolish child wanting to be a cookie- Sorbet so she does have the power to transform creatures into cookies and possibly vice versa. She turned Calamari into Squid Ink, a monster to seize the treasure people stole from her oceans as a security measure but Squid Ink probably got caught in a currant and landed in the Soda Islands.

For Candy Diver's curse she probably was like; "oh you like the sea so much since you dived all the way down here? Your soul will stay here forever you little piece of crap" and Candy Diver has just been vibing, looking for Squid Ink, and trying to stop people from dying.

Stay tuned for more DuskLORE sea theories- seriously, there is a lot of lore in there