9. Meow

Present day

"Ready?" Lena questioned. Emelyn smiled down at her and owen in their rain attire.

"Where are we going?" Rhaegar questioned.

"Its raining and dark. Is that not dangerous?" Lyanna cut in.

"Certain flowers we use for medicine only bloom in the rain." Emelyn remarked.

"You are brilliant." Rhaegar remarked.

"Me too right Mr Rhaegar?" Lena agreed smiling up at him.

"You too Lena. Brilliant and beautiful just like your mama." Rhaegar agreed and Lyanna scowled at them all.

"Come on." Emelyn said holding onto little lenas hand. "Stay close you never know what lurking." She added smiling back at Rhaegar as a petrified lyanna had a death grip on his arm.

As they wandered outside rain quickly coated their clothes their feet sticking and sloshing in the mud.

"Meow!" Lena declared as a dino came up to them. Fans of red and yellow on either side of his face popped up. Sharp fangs appeared as the dinosaur echoed Lena.

"Ahh!" Lyanna screamed out stumbling backwards and falling onto her ass in the mud

"Ahh!" Lyanna screamed out stumbling backwards and falling onto her ass in the mud. Lena laughed out. Not to be mean but because she thought it was funny.

"He wont hurt you this is how he says hello!" Lena declared. "Meow!"

"Teeth like that-" lyanna countered shaling her head. "No no no this is a bad idea!"

"Wimp." Owen sniggered.

"Meow?" Rhaegar questioned as the dino shouted out again.

"This is meow." Lena pet his head. "Hes an old little dino and I think he sounds like hes saying meow. Like he wanted to be a kitty cat but ended up a dino instead." Lena remarked.

"Could I pet him?" Rhaegar questioned.

"Sure just move slow. Meow doesnt know you yet." Lena agreed.

"Rhaegar you are going to get you hand bit right off!" Lyanna countered.

"They can be tame and kind creatures. They can be our companions just like a cat or dog or maybe even the dragons." Emelyn remarked

"You not seriously comparing dinosaurs man eating monsters to cats?" Lyanna countered and Meow meowed again loudly in her face.

"Oh thats the angry meow." Lena remarked. "Watch out hes got venom in his little-" lena brought her own hands up to her cheeks and wiggled her fingers.

"He shoot venom out of his..." lyanna took another step back and Lena continued to pet Meows head.

"And you let your children near that?" Lyanna demanded.

"Dont yell at mama or meow!" Lena shouted back at her.

"Come on Lena lets go get those flowers." Emelyn suggested.

"Come on meow!" Lena declared as she pranced off.

"Stay close." Emelyn instructed.

Some flowers need to be extracted at the pollen. Others its nutrients come from the stem and have to be carefully sliced free.

"We did this last time I was here." Rhaegar recalled.

"You were claiming you knew what to do. It was just plants." Emelyn recalled. Lena looked back at them and saw the love in her mothers eyes.

When they got back Emelyn got to work on extraction. She measured and weighed out ever little thing they had collected and rhaegar and Lena helped her.

"You will be a scientist when you are older." Rhaegar remarked. Emelyn smiled as Lena grabbed a vial running it back to her. Rhaegar picked her up putting her on the counter.

"I want to be just like mama." Lena agreed.

"Your mama is pretty awesome." Rhaegar agreed. Emelyn fingered her necklace and Rhaegar noticed. He smiled back at Emelyn before taking off his necklace.

"You know I have something for you." Rhaegar remarked. Lena wiggled happily on the counter. "A very special woman gave this to me." Emelyn blushed.  "Now I want you to have it."

"Why do you have a dinosaur necklace?" Lena questioned as he secured it to her.

"Your mama gave it to me." Rhaegar remarked. Emelyn touched her necklace. The dragon pendant.

"You want this back? We did always say we would return them next time we saw each other." Emelyn remarked.

Rhaegar moved closer to her and Lena thought they were going to kiss. He touched her necklace though and his hand his long fingers trailed up her neck to her jaw. He cradled her face to him. Lena waited wide eyed but rhaegar pulled away his hand falling to his side.

"I should..." Rhaegar whispered breathlessly.

"Me too."  Emelyn agreed.

"What?" Lena declared looking between them.