3. Smart Cookie

Present day

"Rhaegar, meet my son, Owen and my daughter... Lena." Emelyn remarked and Rhaegar smiled down at them but then locked eyes with Emelyn.

"You have a daughter, you only had only Owen last time I was here." Rhaegar remarked.

"Well it has been a while Rhaegar." Emelyn reminded him.

"Of course, of course." Rhaegar agreed. "How old are you Lena?" Rhaegar questioned.

"Im almost 7." Lena answered. "my brother is ten."

"Seven." Rhaegar repeated looking to Emelyn. "Seven." he rasped. Emelyn nodded slightly and Rhaegar choked out a breath before he chuckled, smiling and on the brink of tears as he looked to Lena. "You are so pretty Lena... You got pretty hair like your mama.'' Rhaegar remarked.

"Thanks," Lena touched her hair smiling back at him.  "do you want to see my drawings?" Lena questioned grabbing his hand. "You can come too if you want." Lena told Lyanna indifferent. Lyanna followed after them confused.

Emelyn loved that Lena so easily took to Rhaegar. She showed him around her room and Emelyn loved how attentive Rhaegar was, how he held her hand as she pointed around her pictures.

"This is Bluey, she is a raptor. Well her name is Blue but I call her Bluey sometimes." Lena corrected.

"And this one?" Rhaegar questioned still holding onto Lena's hand.

"Thats Torte, you can meet him, hes really nice." Lena remarked. Rhaegar snuck glances back at Emelyn as she leaned back against the bedframe.

"Torte the tortoise. But I thought he was a turtle when we found him but turtles dont big like him." Lena remarked.

"How big is he? Is that you riding him?" Rhaegar questioned tapping a finger to the picture.

"Yes! He's really big, mama could we go for a ride?"  Lena questioned spinning around. "Mr. Rhaegar really wants to go!"

"Does he?" Emelyn questioned with a laugh.

"Yeah, mama yeah!" Lena agreed. "Right?" Lena looked to Rhaegar and he stared back at her eyes, they seemed to change colors with the light, blues and greens and maybe even a hint of violet in there.

"I really honestly can say I would to ride a giant turtle named Torte." Rhaegar agreed. Lena jumped up and down and Lyanna sighed, she was tired and nauseous from the journey, she wanted to rest, to love her husband, they were still supposed to be in the honeymoon phase but they were running instead, they were here and Rhaegar seemed to forget she existed.

"I think I would like to rest." Lyanna offered.

"Okay, Emy do you think there is a room available for Lyanna while we go on a ride?" Rhaegar questioned.

"Already on it." Emelyn agreed. She nodded to the door.

"I can take you to your room my lady." Alan remarked with a nod of his head.

"Rhaegar-" Lyanna reached out for him but he was focused on Lena. She supposed him being focused on the child was better than him being focused on the mother of said child. Showed he would be a good father one day.

Lena pulled Rhaegar outside before Owen shouted wait for me! Lena stopped and looked to Rhaegar. He smiled down at her.

"Can I have a piggy back ride?" Lena questioned.

"You can." Rhaegar agreed crouching down.

"Where have you been all my life!" Lena declared as she jumped on.

"I dont know kiddo." Rhaegar admitted, meeting Emelyn's gaze.

"I'm here." Owen declared, Emelyn wrapped an arm around him as they headed to the water.

"So where is Torte?" Rhaegar questioned looking around.

"TORTE!" Lena declared. "TORTE!" Rhaegar smiled back at Emelyn and she blushed. "There he is, hi Torte!"

"Where?" Rhaegar countered squinting into the water, he watched the algae and corals started to move and pop up above the surface, he stumbled back and Lena jumped down moving towards Torte, unafraid.

"Hi Torte! We have a new friend!" Lena declared as if the dino understood her. Lena smiled back at Rhaegar but he was still in shock. "Oh, its okay." Lena assured moving to him and grabbing his hand to comfort him. She pat his hand. "it's okay, dont be scared, it's okay." she tried her best to soothe Rhaegar. He knelt before her and she gave him a hug. "It's okay Mr. Rhaegar I will protect you." Lena assured.

"Thank you Lena." Rhaegar agreed holding onto her.

"Come on." Lena declared as Torte gave a battle cry which made Owen, Emelyn and Rhaegar all take a step, or five back but not Lena.

"Morning to you too sleepy head!" Lena declared

"Morning to you too sleepy head!" Lena declared. "You ready now, Torte?" He nodded, or at least seemed to, to Rhaegar as he settled on the ground. Lena pulled herself up and Owen climbed up behind her.

"She's amazing." Rhaegar whispered to Emelyn as she grabbed his hand gently. "Emy, I missed you."

"I missed you." Emelyn agreed softly. "I-"

"Come on!" Lena declared impatiently.

"We should get up there." Emelyn offered.

"We can talk, really talk later though about-" Rhaegar looked to Lena waving down at them beckoning them closer. "-everything." Rhaegar offered.

"Yes, I would like that." Emelyn agreed. "Come on before she takes off without us."

Once up, Rhaegar wrapped his arms tightly around Emelyn. Lena stood up one hand on her hip the other pointed out as she declared loud and proud.

"Pradagon Soljagon!" Lena declared and Rhaegar gaped back at her.

"Set sail." Rhaegar whispered.

"She found an old book you left behind, she started reading them religiously." Emelyn whispered.

"Does she know-" Rhaegar stopped himself.

"She knows many people visit the island and many people dont always get to leave. They leave things behind." Emelyn whispered.

"That's high Valyrian." Rhaegar whispered. "That was perfect pronunciation too."

"She's my smart cookie." Emelyn agreed as Torte took off. "And the dinosaurs seem to listen to it, must be a bit of that dragon and dino connected."

Rhaegar was amazed by the journey, his legs soaked as Torte raced through the water splashing up beside them. He was amazed by Lena and how fearless she was, how brilliant she was. He was amazed by Emelyn, how resilient she was. He smiled as she leaned back into him just enjoying the ride.