4. Blood of the Dornish

7 Years ago

"Owen this is... Prince Rhaegar Targaryen." Emelyn remarked. "He is going to be staying for a bit."  Owen waved back at him before hiding behind his mother.

"Hello Ow-ahhhh!" Rhaegar jumped as their raptor Delta shrieked at Rhaegar from his pit.

"Sorry about delta we are still training her

"Sorry about delta we are still training her." Emelyn offered. "Dont worry. I will keep you safe." 

"Um, I should probably mention that no one knows im here and I would like to keep that way." Rhaegar offered.

"We can be very discreet." Emelyn assured.

"When a prince goes missing people think danger but-" he shrugged. "Its safe here right?"

"Oh yes very safe." Emelyn agreed and she couldnt hide her smile.

"Im a skilled knight and warrior but Im man enough to know I cant win against a dinosaur." Rhaegar added.

"Smart man." Emelyn agreed when Delta shouted out again. "They dont listen to anyone." She grumbled. "Damn raptors."

"Damn raptors!" Owen repeated as he clung to emelyns hand.

"Come on, lets get yous something to eat." Emelyn suggested. "Before the sun goes down and all the creatures come out to play. 

'I guess I should go over some rules to keep you safe." Emelyn remarked when they sat down for dinner. "The compound is as safe and sturdy as the wall itself but outside the wall holds dangers.''

''Most of the island is for the dinosaurs, we have over 20 different species." Emelyn remarked. Rhaegar smiled impressed. ''We have the compound-" She gestured a hand around, "-which you will be staying at. The labs and connecting kitchens and dinning halls all safe and secure. We have the training sessions for our raptors and a few of other smaller dinos. Thats just outside the gates then we have bases and bunkers spread over the island for security." Emelyn went on, Owen nodded in agreement. "Our incubation area is still in the works but I'm confident we will get that up and running in no time!" Emelyn remarked "We got a few new hatchlings in just last fortnight, they are growing like crazy already."

"Dino babies?" Rhaegar questioned.

"Still deadly." Owen declared and Emelyn nodded. "Ahh food!" Owen declared as Emelyn put plates down before them, Owen was already starting to eat. 

 "so what you have here-" she pointed around the table and Owen giggled out. His mama did this every time someone came.  "-is seared and apricot glazed Tyrannosaurus rex thigh, his name was Harwin nice dino, such a shame he was around for a while." Emelyn remarked as Owen continued to giggle out. Rhaegar looked between them he didnt even notice his own smile growing.  "steamed veggies simmered in the amniotic fluid from a raptors last birth." Rhaegar choked on his tongue as he stared down at his food. Could it really be, was he about to eat a dinosaur? That would be cool, really cool.  Finally Rhaegar looked up to Emelyn in amazement. She was confident and brave and that smile she gave him was perfection. He wanted that smile engraved in his mind forever. 

 "And the drink in your glass is the blood of the last family that thought visiting Jurassic Island would be a fun family adventure!" Emelyn declared excitedly. Her hands rooted on her hips as Rhaegar swirled his cup. "Any questions?" Rhaegar raised his hand as his lips pursed. "No. Enjoy!" Emelyn teased taking a seat. 

"Shes joking!" Alan declared coming in behind them. 

"Alan dont ruin my fun." Emelyn corrected winking back at Rhaegar

 "No Dino meat or bodily fluids or blood of the Martells." Alan assured. ''Please enjoy.'' EMelyn watched Rhaegar as he debated before he locked eyes with Emelyn and clinked glasses with her taking a long sip of his wine. 

"It's good." Rhaegar remarked fondly taking another sip. "What kind of wine is it?" he questioned

"It's dornish." Emelyn reminded him and Rhaegar cackled out. He was running away from a union from the dornish and now he was drinking fake dornish blood. Emelyn knew just what to say. 

"Enjoy." Emelyn purred taking a bite. Rhaegar licked his lips watching her. 

Emelyn could have spent the whole night talking with Rhaegar, but Owen yawned out and Emelyn went to put him to bed. 

"Rhaegar might I show you back to your room?" Emelyn questioned. 

"Yes, that would be good." Rhaegar agreed. She pushed open a door and he peered inside held expecting a little dino to be on the bed. 

"I will be right back after I tuck Owen in." Emelyn remarked. "I can make sure your room is... secure." She offered with a smile. 

"I would like that." Rhaegar agreed. Emelyn nodded shifting Owen in her arms as she moved to his chambers which were directly beside her own on the island. 

Emelyn knocked on Rhaegars open door and he held out some wine for her. 

"More dornish blood before bed." Rhaegar offered. 

"Speaking my love language handsome." Emelyn agreed as she came inside closing the door behind her.