31• Not so anonymous

Wednesday, 24th.

"Babes!"

I ignored him and kept hopping towards our friends with a smile, though I was frowning inside.

"Happy belated birthday you too." I gave them a hug but made sure Ella got a tight squeeze.

"Oww." She voiced and I grin wickedly.

"Yeah. That's for ignoring my calls and making me worried."

"You're the one who dished it first, still you can't take it." She pinched me on my already sore ass and that's when I buckled. "A wah do yuh?"

"They joined the mile high club." Justin realized and I showed him my middle finger but they just laughed for the better.

"You nasty bitch. Did he spank you?"

"That's my que to leave." Justin walked over to where Zyair is talking with the captain and his bodyguards are, including the one his Nana got me.

Ruth is the whole package as I was told before I left him to meet our friends parked further away from the plane.  She'll be staying close to where I live in a rented space, not only to protect me but to bring me wherever since I kept appointing myself as a passenger princess. Now this woman was standing a few feet away and was supposed to be invisible which she isn't.

"Answer me." She nudged me impatiently, admiring me from head to toe.

"What did I do to you to deserve this?" I gestured around me like a mad person.

"You're not making sense."

"Him Ella. Where did you find him?" I gestured to Zyair who's eyes seems to darken when I looked at him, so I gave my friend my attention.

"Come on, let's get to the car." She helped me there though it was getting packed with what could hold of my things and the rest in the other vehicles. "Talk what's on your mind?"

I started giving her a rundown on what happened for the past three, almost four days abroad. Her smile just keeps getting wider until I stick.

"I love his Nana. She's like a fairy godmother and could you believe that she helped me get a replacement dress when some snob thew wine on me. Justin and I were at Zyair's birthday dinner. She's nice and considerate like you so of course she'll accept you. But why are you so upset?"

"Dat horny brute nah give me no break and look." I took off the scarf that hides my neck and chest with the numbers of hickeys he made on me. "Some are already healing and he brighten them. My ass has his hand prints while my nipples are tender. Wih ketch up inside before we land and yuh can imagine seh him chat out wih business for the flight crew and the security to hear."

"They don't care. They're getting paid to mind there own business. Justin is an exception because he's friends with Zyair before all the fame."

"You're right. Rich man loves sex but I expect that he'll be busy working most of the time but he doesn't need to rest. Do I look like a machine? Why me Ella? Why did you recommend a rich man?" I frowned at her laugher.

"You're my best friend, Kayaérachilani. You helped me get to the states and even college with all your savings. You deserve the best, to be spoiled and loved. If I'm one step closer to the top of a pyramid, I would put you up there and that's how much I love you, bestie."

She had me emotional that I started crying and I hugged her tightly.

"I love you too."

"I know. What's not to love." She laughs, rubbing my back. "You smell different."

"Versace perfume, bright crystal." I told her, pulling away. "It's nice."

"It is." She agreed. "But when since yuh become a cry baby, yuh pregnant?"

"Not anytime soon. Zy even suggested it and that started the argument. Mih nuh know this man more than a few weeks and him expect seh sperms get weh and the contraceptive nuh hundred percent effective. A bush mih come from, a nuh him aunty alone know herbs."

"Mih hear yuh, but let mih know when yuh ready suh wih babys can grow up together... It's a new ring dat?" She finally saw it.

"Yeah. Him seh a wah promise engagement ring. Mih neva hear nothing like dat before but it pretty wid him initial inside." I shrugged and she chuckled, admiring it.

We returned to his house and celebrated our friends birthday at a club later that night.

With Ruth close at all times, I wonder if she doesn't get tired.

I was exiting the restroom when a white envelope was placed in my hand by a stripper.

"This isn't mine." I shout over the music.

"A man let it here for Béyu and points you out in the crowd. That's not you?"

"Yeah." I nod and she smiled and left.

Ruth took it from my hand and I stood there shocked as she did that. Her excuse was about protecting me from all threats do I allowed her to see it. It was suspicious so I let her do her thing.

All that was inside was photos of everyone I've been around before I left the country. Ella and Justin together. Zyair and I at Reggae falls when he was kissing and squeezing my ass cheeks at the same time. The rest were of places we went to. Next was an old family photo of me, my brother and parents at Montpelier agricultural show. Another of my friends slash co-workers; Orlando, Sherry and Kevin.

I took the smaller envelope inside and removes its content and to see two smaller pictures of my father with a whole another woman and child. A daughter who I have no way denying that she's not his child.

The club light was blinding so I put it under Ruth's flashlight and read the letter.

Jewel Cafe, Second floor,
Kingston 5, Stewart Avenue,
Be there before 11:50AM to see for yourself.  - Reservation made for *Béyu*

There was no sender but I know exactly who it was.

"Ruth! I want you to accompany me there but don't tell Zyair just yet."

Thankfully she agreed and I gave her the items to hide until we get home, so I returned to my group.

Do you think she should go?

Is she wrong for excluding Zyair?

Who is the man who brought the envelope and who's behind it all?

What about Zyair and Marcella suspecting pregnancy?