4• Get ketch

Saturday, 4:41.

Mih a dih idiot who wants morning shift. Six o'clock mih suppose to reach but mih affi nyam dung the place first.

My lunch bag had a dish of mummy's curry goat and rice, but also a bottle of beetroot and carrot juice labeled 'Tie such man'. The dish cover is marked 'Run him gut.'

Affi give the dog shit dem inna the department sum'n fih chat bout. Always.

Dressed in another one of my uniforms, outfits I got off Shein, a matching bag and shoes. Since my hair got wet in the shower this morning and starts curling, I just threw some Cantu in to activate more curls. The headband is placed directly pass my well done edges.

Breakfast is a simple grill cheese sandwich I made in the sandwiches maker. I made extra for Big head, he's another co-worker who drives and usually picks me up in the mornings.

Grabbing my jacket, I put it on my bag awaiting a call that signals when he's close by.

Using that time to drink my coffee and eat more sandwich, strolling though my phone.

Dih gyal Sherry deserves the fish and taxi emoji. Nuh know why shi lef 35 messages pah mih phone like mih an she a fren.

Ignoring Orlando's question that is inquiring what colour I'm wearing today. This will be the first time in weeks that we won't match and I needed this.

Next was Marcella, giving that girl what she wanted since she'll be all up in feeling if I don't text her everyday.

Big head reached in no time and I locked up, going down the stairs to see daddy out there with his gun. Laughing at his antics to scare everyone in the bus, again, he kisses my head and told me not to take stress from no one that's not my child.

He came all the way to the bus and opened the front door that's reserved for me.

It's a pity he doesn't know that someone else will enter down in Anchovy.

As soon as the vehicle drove off, laugher fills the air.

"Miss Kash, a how daddy a gwaan suh?"

"Mih nuh wrong him."

"Nuh true. Affi mek are him daughta gov."

"Yeah." Was all that she said, not entertain any conversation.

These people where from different call centers and two from where she works. If news about her dad being a soldier wasn't told by her yet she hears it, it's only by them.

I got to work on time, allowing the lazy gate security to peek in my bag then made my way to the second gate to gain access, putting my ID card on the thing so it will buzz me in.

The process continued till I got inside, putting my food and drink in the fridge then my items in my locker. The only things I brought with me are sweets, water bottle with the paper torn off, jacket and ear muffs around my ID that's around my neck.

Like every time when I have morning shifts, I'm either the first or third person in. This time I'm the first, getting the best seat and system, just like back in primary and high school. Here, I choose a seat that's not directly under the AC unit and around the area where my supervisor is stationed.

I got on the system, checking my stats and supervisors comments while logged in on the phone. A second before time even got to 6 o'clock, I was on my first call. Sweater on, shoes off, legs opened and chair rotation with a frown on my face though my tone sounds pleasant. Like a true professional.

People dem dunce yuh fuck.

Around having my forth customer, I smelt someone familiar and pretended to not notice him. He made himself known otherwise as the new recruits and old agents are greeting him. Both male and females, even the ones in higher positions. Though he could talk to anyone, he all the way down from where we normally sits, just to see me.

His hands held my shoulders then came the kiss to my cheek, right near my lips and people saw. Turning with my eyes widened, I see him in blue while I was in green. The eyes looking at us knew something was up, maybe because we are dressed differently and the kiss. He's giving them something to talk about.

Mih a gwaan like mih nah wet up fih him.

Mih soak every day till it uncomfortable, suh the pantie liners affi come in handy.

"Is there anything else I can do for you Mister Vijay?" I asked though my eyes stayed on Orlando's face.

Knowing that the customer will hang up soon, he looked away from me and logged break just in time.

"All hand on deck! Kash, get off break!"

"Fada, mih a help har wid sum'n." Lando told him and I rolled my eyes.

Fucka love man.

"Ah."

"Wah gwaan wid yuh?" He turned to ask me, getting a chair to sit on.

"Period." He raised a brow, definitely not believing me then his eyes cast down to my legs. "Stop stare."

Si why mih wear black stocking.

"My yiy." He said, looked up at my face again. "Talk tu mih nuh."

"That's the thing. Mih nuh wah chat to nobody but customers today." I told him stubbornly.

"Because a wah happen wid wih yesterday?"

"Nuh really. It affi deal with the fact seh yuh different and a likkle committed. Mih need the likkle space fih clear mih system." I whispered, meeting the eyes of the girl in the cubicle next to mine.

Big nose nosey bitch.

"Fih how long?"

"Until mih get yuh outta mih system." I smiled, looking from his lips down at his front.

Bwoy tan up already. Seet deh, him easy fih mih.

Hissing, he got up and fixes himself not caring who's watching. He licked his lips and stare down at me because walking away.

"Hey Kash," the girl on the other side of the cubicle called and I looked up. "Hickey pretty doe."

All I could do was blush, turning to Lando who heard and was smirking.

"Unnu deh?" Marcus frightened me by asking. He's our supervisor.

"No." I answered.

"If you say so, Miss Kayaérachilani." He smirked and I looked at him good. "How was the KFC yesterday?"

A weird noise left my throat at my embarrassment and I hid my face.

Montego Bay really is a small place.

I just went back to answering calls.