A Dreamer's Dying Wish

"Ame, it's dinnertime!" Yuzu called out for her sister. She gained no reply, and decided to check on her older sister herself. She walked in the stairs, finding her sister's room and knocking before opening It.

"...not again..." She said as she stared at the empty room. The window showed the cloudy sky, the curtains dancing in the small wind.

"Dad! Ame snuck out again!" she yelled, frantically.

Ame pov~

My eyes landed on the raindrop that landed in my sketchbook. I looked up and the sky, a raindrop falling on my cheek.

Damn...

I quickly closed my book, finding my umbrella and opening it. I got up from the park bench, heading home.

I hope no one finds out I snuck out again.

"Help me...."

I froze, slowly turning around to see a small girl, crying.

"...what wrong?" I asked, kneeling down to her.

"I lost my brother....!" she cried out, hugging me.

.....Crap. Well ....might as well. Instead of going home and having someone either yell in my face about being late or looking up my skirt.

"Lets find him. Okay? So don't cry anymore...." I told her as she nodded, holding onto my hand.

"Where was the last place you saw him?" I asked. She pointed at a hill, and we headed towards it. "So...what's your name, kid?"

"I'm Asami Kasonove. Brother is Kite Kasonove." she told me.

" ...I'm Ame Kurosaki."

"Like the rain...?" she asked, looking at me with big, curious eyes. I sighed, nodding.

"Anyways...How does he look?" I asked.

"Like me!" She grinned.

...okay then.

We had made it to the top, but no one was there. I looked at the small girl, who had black hair and brown eyes. I looked around, seeing a guy standing underneath a tree, hiding from the rain.

"...hey, is that him?" I asked.

She looked in the direction, a smile appearing on her face. She grinned, nodding.

We walked up to him, his eyes landing on me. I closed my umbrella, moving underneath the tree.

"Kite!" she grinned, running towards him. He didn't notice her. ....Damn, not another spirit.

"Mr. Kite......uhm...Your sister is calling you." I told him. He gave me a confused look before walking through Asami.

Ah...

She's dead.

"My sister?" he asked.

".....she wanted to find you....her name's Asami, right?" I asked before his expression moved from confused to shocked to angry. He grabbed my collar, glaring me down.

"Is this some kind of prank!? How dare you make fun of a dead little girl-" I pushed him off me, glaring at him.

"...she said she wanted you to sing her "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". She says she likes that one. She's standing next to you." I said before his eyes widened.

"Who are you..?!" he asked. I shrugged.

"A medium?" I said, unsure myself.

" ..how do I know your not lying?" h glared.

"....he used to wet his bed when he was 8, and mommy got mad at him 'coz he messed up him pajamas." Asami said, smiling.

Little sisters are great information brokers.

"You wet the bed when you were 8 and you ruined you pajamas, and your mom got angry." I stopped when she told me more info. "...you also wanna be a doctor, like your dad. Now can you please sing her the lullaby so your baby sister can pass on?" I asked before he looked a me, a blush on his face, along with shock.

"...H-How do you know that?!" He yelled.

"Asami told me." I said bluntly. He turned around, knocking his head on the tree. I waited till he stopped, a bruise on his head.

"....alright....how come you can see her...but I can't?"

"Dunno. Maybe she don't want her idiot brother to see her." I said.

"....idiot brother...?" he repeated before ruffling his hair with hands and giving a groan before turning serious.

"...your lying. Asami died in a car crash three years ago...she's dead. What, did she come back from the dead or something?" he asked.

"Probably." I said, bored of his stubbornness and putting out my hand so the rain can fall on it. "But it's up to Asami if she wants you to see her....maybe the lullaby will help. It won't kill you, would it?" I asked. He gave me one last glare before singing.

He was talented.

I guess.

".... きらきら光る kira kira hikaru

お空の星よ osorano hoshiyo

まばたきしては mabataki shite wa

みんなを見てる minna o miteru

きらきら光る  kira kira hikaru

お空の星よ  osorano hoshiyo~"

He opens his eyes before gasping, seeing what his eyes had been blind to. Asami was smiling, her soul glowing.

"Thank you...big brother. I'll see you again, okay? So don't cry anymore..." she said before she smiled, fading away. It was silent before I decided to pop the question.

".....you cry?" I asked before my eye a widened slightly, seeing tears flying down his face. I sighed, reaching my pocket for a bandaid and some tissues. I placed the bandaid on his head before giving the crying boy some tissues.

"..sniff...thanks." he said before taking them. The rain began to stop, the sun peeking out and saying hello.

"Yhe Sun came out..." I noted.

"...she died in that crash...the impact only injured my mom and I....but she was only a kid, so she died on the spot instantly....Is she at peace now?" he asked.

"Yeah. She is." I picked up my umbrella and sketchbook, the wet grass smelling fresh underneath my shoes.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his face almost clear of tear stains.

"Home. You should head home to. I'm sure your mom is waiting for you. See you around."

"Wait! I didn't get your name! Don't we go to the same school? Your in a grade higher then mine, right?" he yelled out. I stopped, looking the small boy. He was maybe one or two years younger than me, but he sure was tall.

"...it's-"

"Ame!!"

We both looked to see Ichigo along with his friend Rukia.

Crap.

"See yah!" I said before running off.

"Damnit! Ame! Stop running!" I heard him yell.

I smiled, a laugh escaping my lips.

"No way!" I yelled.