Small Family Reunion

The person I bumped into was no other than my own brother. My older brother, George.

" Fiona?!" he asks in surprise.

" George..." I reply not knowing how to react.

Then George suddenly turned away as his hands held the side of his head. He starts mumbling as I see him panic. A super confused face plasters onto my face watching my brother do his own weird stuff once again.

" No. I must be dreaming. There's no way Fiona can be here. She's right now probably lazing around while not participating in the competition. A hundred percent that she will not be walking down the hall in an apprentice robe. There's no way. There's no way." He mumbles.

A vein pops out as I now glare at my idiotic brother. As he continues to mumble to himself, I raise my leg and kick his back. This makes him tumble forward but he doesn't fall as he gets back the balance instantly. I was surprised that he didn't fall since the times I do that, he usually falls down flat on the floor. He flips his head back to me as tears start welling in his eyes. This makes me back up a bit hoping to escape but I am not granted that freedom as he suddenly embraces me in a warm hug.

" Fiona! It's really you! I know that kick from anywhere!" he shouts as he squeezes me to death.

" Ge...Geor..George. Ca...Can't breathe." I struggle to say as no air breathes in.

Hearing me say that, he instantly lets go of me. When he does, I take a huge breathe in as I finally caught my breathe. He sticks out his tongue an inch as he scratches his head in apology.

" Sorry." he apologizes closing his eyes.

I look at my brother in disbelief and sigh,"Ya. Ya. You always say that but I don't know if you actually mean it since you always do it."

All he does is smile apologetically, but stops when he opens his eyes to scan me,"You've changed, Fiona."

" Oh really? I've changed? Are you sure? I think you're the one that changed." I reply placing my hands on my hips.

" Hehe. You think so?" he scratches his head again in embarrassment.

" Well, of course. Usually the George I knew would fall down instantly like a pancake after I kick him on the back like that." I reply with a smirk.

"Oh! That's correct! It seems I have changed! Looks like those trainings I've done paid off." he happily cheers as I gently smile.

Now that I'm thinking bout it, his hug did get stronger. Before it would still strangle me but this one felt like he actually wanted to kill me. My eyes scan him and I found he was entirely different. He seems more built and his hair has grown a bit longer almost covering his eyes. Muscles were shown on his arms and legs. His chest seems more strong. My eyes continue to stare at his new appearance. Without me noticing, I also find him staring back in confusion.

" Fiona?" He asks getting me back to my senses.

" Oh! Sorry. I'm still a bit shocked at how you've changed. That's all." I apologize as my gaze turns somewhere else.

" It's fine." My brother smiles making me smile back.

Suddenly, the concern of my two other younger brothers pop up.

" How's Teri and Lex?" I ask in deep concern. He smiles as he realizes my concern for them,"They're fine. To be trueful, they're excellent. I heard that they were the top students in their grade and might be able to become knights earlier than the rest. You don't have to worry about them. The Pope even let us share a room all together just in case."

I give a sigh of relief and he suddenly puts his hand on my head. My eyes look up as I see George smile nicely while patting my head.

" I wish I could have been with you guys. You guys worry me too much that I might grow older." I reply still with a worried face.

" We wish we could have stuck together too. But you should do your best in becoming an apprentice. It's what the village wanted you to do. And it's also what we want you to do now." He replies.

Rolling my eyes, I look at him smugly,"Beautiful speech, brother. You should become a writer someday."

He chuckles.

" George!" An unfamiliar voice shouts.

This makes both George and I to look behind me to find a boy running up to us. He looked around the same age as George but more built. He had chestnut brown hair and dark purple eyes. When he arrived beside George, I also found out he was a soldier in training by him uniform. 

" Hey, George. Just don't go randomly picking up girls. Especially this one. You won't have a chance with her one bit." The boy states and then gives me a wink.

My eyebrow raises up as George turns away covering his mouth. His body was shaking uncontrollably as a smile starts appearing on my face. This also makes me look away trying to keep my laughter inside.

" Huh? What's wrong with you guys?" The confused boy asks.

We both look back at him wiping a tear away. 

" Phil, this is my sister. If course there's no way I will have a chance with her." George explains as his friend gives out a shock look.

The boy, Phil looks back and forth between George and I.

Then his facial expression changes as smiles," So then you mean she's free?"

This made George frown as a dangerous glare points to Phil. Phil starts backing away in fear as my brother let's out a evil aura.

" If you dare lay a single finger on my dear sister, you will be losing a lot of fingers Phil. And you'll be losing your life at the end." George threatens.

" Ok. Ok." Phil tries to calm George down. I stare at the scene a but confused.

But I shrug it off as the two of them quickly make-up.

George turns to me and introduces his friend," Fiona, this is Phil. One of my teammates. He's also my first friend when I joined."

Phil waves his hand smiling," Hi!"

I smile," Hi. I'm Fiona Lavender. George's sister. Thanks for taking care of this clumsy either of mine!"

Phil chuckles at my greeting as George pouts. We both shake hands friendly. 

" So you're tying out to be an apprentice, correct?" Phil asks.

I nod," Ya. Our village made us try it out since they thought we were for for it."

Just when Phil was about to talk, George suddenly disturbs. 

" Wait. It's almost time for the meeting. We can't be late for it." My brother states.

This caught Phil by realization," Ah! I forgot. We should hurry then."

They both turn to me. 

" Sorry, Fiona. But we have to go." George apologizes.

" It's fine. Just go. I'll see if I can meet up with you again later on. I also need I go to or else my teacher will be mad." I reply.

They both nod and start running off. While they were they both were saying 'goodbyes' to me while waving their hands. I wave my hand back smiling. Well, looks like that was a good reunion. I start walking down the corridor once again. Looks like it's time for my training.