The Storm Knight

Running around the temple is tiring. I didn't know the temple was this big. My sweat runs down my face continuously and quickly. I've been running around the temple ever since 6:00 am. As I run to the entrance again, I stop and look at the time. 7:08. Good. Walking to my bag beside the entrance, I open it and grab a towel and wipe my sweat. The temple was still the same, quiet and gorgeous. When I finally got back to my room, I take a quick shower.

After all the preparations, I walk to the Storm Knight's room and knock. Nothing. I knock again. Nothing. After knocking a few more times, I slowly enter the room closing the door behind me after. Inside the room, stacks of paper fills it. Walking carefully to a desk, I see the Storm Knight lying there, dead. I shouldn't wake him up from his sleep. He must have stated up the whole night. Quietly, I start cleaning the stacks of papers while reading them. After stacking the papers into category, the whole room's appearance was better than before. A grunt comes out of the Storm Knight. He moves to a proper sitting position and looks around.

" Wahhh!" He shouts.

" Shout like that and you'll disturb everyone." I say and he turns to me,"Ah! Also good morning."

" Go...Good Mor...morning...." He replies," Wait! Did you do all of this?"

" Ya. Don't worry, I didn't throw away anything."

" Oh! Thanks...."

" Also, you should do that pile first. They'll be due soon." I point to a stack of paper.

" Ok..."

He moves to the stack of paper and starts working. I look at him and still see black bags under his eyes. How late does he work? If he continues this he'll be dead for sure soon. Grabbing another chair, I face the Storm Knight and take a sheet of paper.

" I'll help." I say as I read through the paper.

" Thanks..." He replies in shock.

An hour passes and we finally finish all the paperwork. The room was clean and nice with stacks of finished paper in the corner.

" I have never finished all of them this quick before." Storm Knight says.

" Aren't some of the paperwork, the Sun Knight's?" I ask.

He flinches.

I give a sigh," Whatever. Anyways, where should I deliver them to?"

" Huh? You don't have to. I'll do it." He says.

" If others see you with a huge stack of paper, what do you think your look as a Storm Knight will be?"

He hesitates and gives up," Fine. But I'm coming along."

I take a stack of paper and follow the Storm Knight out of his room. After times of walking around handing papers out, we stop at the Sun Knight's room. Storm Knight knocks and the Judgement Knight comes out. Storm Knight flinches and I stare straight at the Judgement Knight.

" What do you need?" Judgement Knight asks.

" Uh...I have Sun's work..." Storm replies.

The Judgement Knight looks at the stack of paper and takes it away from me.

" Thank you." He says and shuts the door.

The two of us become silent.

" I hope Sun isn't dead..." Storm says.

Why would he be? Wait, this means Storm Knight doesn't know about their friendship. Wow.

" Shall we go?" He asks me.

I nod.

" So, Miss Lavender." He starts.

" Please call me Fiona." I reply.

" Ok, Fiona."

" Yes, Storm Knight?"

" Huh? Just call me Storm."

" ....Ok..."

Silence comes between us. Well this is awkward....

" Where did you learn such education?" He asks," I thought you lived in the mountains."

" Yes, I did. But, I learned from a man who took cared of me and my brothers. He kind of looks like the Sun Knight."

" Is that so."

" Ya, he was like a father to us but then he had to continue his journey so he left us at the mountains. In the mountains, there was this ancient library so I always went there and read books."

" That's nice."

" Ya."

Storm looks at a clock and stops.

" Ah! I have something to do outside the town. Sorry, Fiona. Just do what you want. I'll be back at night." He says and leaves.

I watch him leave. A strong smell of sweet enters the area and I flip to the direction it came from. My body moves quickly to the direction and I see the Frost Knight baking. I hide behind the door but still peeking inside. He's making a blueberry tart. My stomach growls and I blush slightly as he turns to see me.

" Ah!" I say and turn away leaving.

But a force pulls be back by the collar of my shirt.

" You're one of the participants..." He says.

" Ya...I promise I won't tell anyone what I saw."

He drags me into the kitchen and makes me sit on a stool. I sit there quietly and he hands me a blueberry tart.

" Huh?" I say.

" Try it." He says.

I nod quickly and take a bite of the tart.

" It's super sweet! The texture is also smooth. This is really amazing!" I say.

He looks at me and smiles a bit for only a second.

" Uh...May I ask why you're making sweets?" I ask.

He hesitates.

" I promise I won't say anything!" I say.

" The Sun Knight." He replies.

" Well, he's lucky. Having such good desserts given to him." I reply with a smile.

He looks at me shock and hands me another tart.

" I'll make them for you too." He says.

" Huh? Oh! Thank you!" I smile brighter.

I walk down the hall with a blueberry tart in my mouth. Looking at the time, I spent a lot of time with the Frost Knight talking about baking. It was fun, also surprising. Finishing me tart, I smile at the memory of it.

" Fiona!" A voice shouts.

I look back to see Storm.

" Oh! Storm! You're back?" I ask.

" Ya, also I didn't see you at the lobby for the participants." He says.

" Ah! I was busy."

" Huh, ok. Well, tomorrow you'll be with Frost Knight."

" Ah! Ok!" I say and he leaves.

My body is getting full of excitement as I walk into my room.  Tomorrow, I'll be with Frost Knight!