Chapter 12: Blood Conflict

Start from the beginning

You are clearly unfit to be a ruler, Zuzu. However somehow you have managed to gain a huge army despite your lifestyle with the peasant. So I will accept your terms with one major condition that you will find out sooner or later. Come meet me at Lu Ten Valley tomorrow evening if you want to see Sokka or Tylee ever again. If you don't agree with my terms, Sokka will be terminated. Consider this offer generous and don't challenge me again.

Sincerely, The True Fire Lord Azula.

The gaul that Azula has!  "The true Fire Lord?" Zuko mocked. "If she was in charge, world peace wouldn't exist!" I expressed angrily. "Thank you," Aang whispered to the general and then took the letter from him, handing it to Zuko. "Aang you have your speech ready?" Zuko asked him. "Yes," He replied. "Mom and Uncle, send notice to everyone in the Capitol in thirty minutes so Aang and I can talk to them. They need to know everything." "Not everything," My dad added. I looked up at him. "What do you mean by that?" I asked him defensively. "Damn, things are about to go down." Toph exclaimed excitedly. "You know what I mean Katara." Zuko was now paying attention to my father's words. "No I don't. Is there a problem here dad?!" "Not at all Katara, it's just that some things are meant to stay personal, you know." "Don't worry Chief Hakoda. We won't tell the public where we are planning to defeat The New Ozai Society, we are just going to tell them that we are at war. And warn them how dangerous Azula is and to convince them to stay loyal to us. They won't know any battle plans or locations," Zuko said passive aggressively. I lifted my eyebrow at my father, hopefully that's what he was talking about. "Good, just checking. Make sure you guys don't say anything personal up there though about yourselves." "What else is there to add dad! The New Ozai Society already knows everything. What are you trying to say!" I yelled at him, stepping away from my dad towards Zuko while Aang walked towards us. Iroh and Ursa were now standing in the middle exchanging looks, while Toph was just watching us all holding onto Momo as if this was a play. "Are you going to make me say it out loud Katara?" "Yes!" I yelled at him. Tensions were really high between us. My dad took a deep breath. "Zuko and Sokka are dating and many people are going to be against that." I was shocked by my dad's response. "I don't care if people are against us! Many people were against all of us for ending the 100 year war. How is this any different?" Zuko asked raising his voice. "Are you against them?!" I snapped at my dad, he hesitated and my eyes started to water. "Katara it's okay." Zuko whispered to me. "Answer me dad! Are you against Sokka? Do you not love him anymore?!" "Of course I love Sokka! You two are my everything! I am not against Sokka per say, it's just that this isn't normal and the less people who know about this the better." Everyone was silent. "Damn, that's... damn!" Toph responded, breaking the silence. "Does anybody want some tea? It's Jasmine, my favourite!" Iroh added holding his tea pot trying to calm everyone down. "The New Ozai Society already knows that Zuko and Sokka are together Hakoda." Aang added. My dad was still quiet. "Don't worry the public does not know about Sokka and I dating. It wasn't in my speech anyways," Zuko remarked awkwardly. "I can't believe you dad." I said with tears falling down my face and I walked out of the room. "Katara, wait!" He called out but I didn't stop. Everyone in Team Avatar followed me out of the room, leaving our parents in disbelief.

Zuko's POV

"I'm so sorry Zuko, I thought that my dad would be way more understanding!" Katara cried. "It's okay Katara. He is right in a way. Maybe the public shouldn't know about Sokka and I until after this is resolved. We are trying to convince them to stay loyal to us and any extra information might sway them in the wrong direction." "That doesn't make it right though," Aang added. I was too tired to argue with Chief Hakoda about his views on my relationship with his missing son. "Let's just hope that the speeches go well and no one turns on us." Aang and Katara smiled. I then walked outside on my balcony and began to speak.